Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Condon Rally!!

Thanks to all my cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews, for flying in and driving into Oceanside this past weekend. I had a blast meeting my family from all over the country. I'm going to attempt to name as many as I can without hurting to many peoples feelings and if I do, it happens. Danny, Joyclyn, Pierce, Brennan, John, Tom, Nancy, Paul, Hazel, Sarah, Tim, Lynn, Simon, Reggie, Janis, Noah, and a whole bunch more. I know that Paul and Hazel don't count but I needed to put them in to suck - up for the huge party we will have in a couple of years!!! Thanks to everyone for helping out. Plus you all had the party at a nearby hotel for my convenience! Saturday we got to know one another because it's only been 45 years since the last reunion I attended. Sunday, half of the people went to the Zoo and the other half went to Seaport Village and then the Hotel Del Coronado. Everyone got back just in time to see the Charger crush, in mean crush the Indianoplis Colts by the score of 23 to 21!!! Go Chargers!! We had a nice dinner and at the end of the dinner Danny stood up and talked about how last week he stared at a picture for over an hour of a light house. He talked about how the light shines so brightly and how the glass needs to be clean and how the body of the light house needed to be strong. He also talked about how the foundation need to be rock solid so it could weather any storm. Danny gave credit to his dad Tom and then myself. That was a great honor to be placed in with Dannys dad. Thank you to all my aunts, uncles, cousins, neices, and nephews for making this the best day I've had this year!! Lord willing, I plan on see you all at our next Condon Rally!

Love and Blessings,

Curt, Shari, Brittany, & Brett

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curt, you ARE the beacon that drew your whole family to your light! I remember that reunion you mentioned, 40 years or so ago at Grandma's house in Michigan. I can still see the backyard all decorated with tiki lamps, Grandma in a mumu dress, Shadow the dog clinging to Grandma for protection from all the wild children, then over in the side yard Tom, Tony and Paul, standing side-by-side wearing daring sarongs and hula dancing to really terrible Don Ho music on the record player - they were quite the picture at that Hawaii-themed reunion. I remember your light, light blonde hair, and I can still see your profile in my mind's eye, as if I am watching you in a movie at 7 or so years old. That was one strange/wonderful thing about this week, all of us seeing each other years and years later, making that leap from child's memory to meeting ourselves as adults. I must say that this family is an admirable group. It's rare when a family can come together for anything these days because there are so many things that seem so important at the time, so many duties, activities, and worldly things that lure us from that which is true and right -- but this week, the Condons have shown their mettle: loving, loyal, committed to the true compass points of life......and a hell of a lot beer and margaritas. We have all been talking about doing this again next year, and you know, I really think we can pull this together again. I am so happy to hear about the latest MRI results -really good news. I'm doing some heavy-duty "cloud busting" praying with my group that the occipital "cloud" they see is nothing more than radiation artifact. You're amazing, Curt, and much loved by so many. -Janis

Anonymous said...

Curt & Shari,
We are so encouraged by your perseverence and strength that God is giving you to endure this race. This is not an easy ride but God's grace is with you. Your faith and dependence on God shines brightly. Thank you both for being a great light for Jesus!
Love you both! God bless, TT