Tuesday, July 8, 2008
hearts are forever changed..............
Hi Everyone!! I just got back from FCA camp in Santa Barbara. It was amazing......the fire broke out on Monday and overtook the hills of Santa Barbara. 650 kids attended and several times we lost power and didn't know if we were going to be evacuated. The pressure Donnie Dee was under.......do we send these kids home or do we buckle down and stay. God's protection was on us and the huddle leaders stepped it up and God ordered their steps in leading these kids. We never felt fear....even though the fires were so near.......our God is amazing. I met several boys who were able to go to camp on Curt's scholarships. These boys came into the camp store and introduced themselves to me and said they could have never been able to attend a camp like this without a scholarship and were so thankful they were part of the Curt Condon Memorial Fund. I got all choked up and was so thankful these kids were able to experience this first class sport camp and learn about Jesus who loves them........... over 28 kids were able to go and experience this amazing camp and also hear about our amazing God who loves them and has a plan for their lives. One of the speakers was Chris Byrd....the famous boxer......he shared his story and how he came to know Jesus. That night over 100 kids excepted Jesus in their hearts. Even though the Santa Barbara hills were on fire....no power.....God moved hearts in a way that blew us away. Skies were black, power lines down, ash falling......yet, there was a calmness and peace....knowing God was with us. I called home several times to Brittany to let her know I was OK......she never knew.....she told me it wasn't on the news!! I want All of you to know.....if you made donations in Curt's name to FCA.......thank you!!!! Curt was smiling down and hearts were forever changed. What a week!!!! I hope you all are enjoying your summer and Making Every Day Count! Love and God bless, Shari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Shari, You are amazing!! Love your writing. I was a proud parent that had a child at FCA in Curt's name...thank you!! Your love radiates through your writing and love for Jesus. God has Big plans for you and you are carrying on in Curt's honor. Amazing things are yet to come. Keep sharing with us!
Love and God bless, ST
Shari, I saw you at camp and couldn't believe you were there.....you looked energized and full of life. You are a true testimony of what God can do in your life if you let him. I never got over to the boys side to say "hi" but know the week was full of surprises! Keep on sharing the light!! Love and God bless! ML
Post a Comment