Friday, July 31, 2009

love and encourage someone today.........

Aloha and Hawaiian Hugs!

I hope this finds you well and enjoying your summer! I have been pondering this next post for days.....I know it has been over a month and I wasn't sure I would continue the updates on our family and our journey. I finished a movie tonight with Brittany and she is now in bed. I felt my spirit stir and a tug to check the blog.....I love seeing Curt's smile as he boots up.....don't you?
Some days I just check the blog to see his smile to help me jump start my day! Do any of you do that also? After a year and 4 months, I'm realizing this is real and this is real life. You find out who your real friends are and the real family members that care and are there for you in a pinch when the days seem longer than normal. Brittany, Brett and I speak daily or at least text several times during the day to check in and encourage each other for the day....it is awesome! We have grown closer than ever through these months. This morning at 4:30am ( Maui time) I text Brett to say good morning....he was already up with Talon and playing nintendo. That's my boy!! We have also gone through several holidays that were a bit difficult.... and I wasn't sure we were going to make it.....but with God's help we did. There is nothing like your kids calling you and saying, "Mom, I miss Dad so much....I wish he was here with us and we could talk with him one more time" If I could only take that pain away from them.......I would! God is at work in our life and we are growing stronger.....but it is a step by step process and a daily walk with God to know the right steps to take. There is no short cut and many feel they have the answers for each one of us.....but until you have experienced first hand losing your mate for life or your children losing their dad before his time ........really doesn't count or help with the pain in our hearts. God's word says, " For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." We are encouraged and banking on God's promises!!! Life is So short....make sure you Make Today Count!!!!!!!!!!! Go out and love and encourage someone today!!!!

Love, Shari

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Shari and kids,

I too look at the blog often to see Curt's face. I feel encouraged somehow each time I see him. You all are in my prayers even though I remain silent. I think that's because I know that I don't know what to say because I have know idea what your journey must be like. Thank you for your updates. As long as I continue to see them, I know that you all are still moving forward. YEA GOD!

Anonymous said...

Shari,

I too love to check the blog to see Curt's amazing smile! Thank you for sharing so openly and from your heart. Please keep up the blog....I think it helps All of us in moving forward. It is so awesome that your kids are drawing near to you and together you are finding the steps to take. You and the kids are loved by many and our prayers continue for this journey.

Love and God bless!

Anonymous said...

Aloha Shari!!!

I hear you are looking Fabulous in Hawaii!! And... your hair is long and naturally curly! I'm so glad you are having time to take care of YOU! Soak up that great Hawaiian weather and continue to take those steps forward with your kids. You are an inspiration to all of us! Keep the posts coming....they help us too!

Love you girl!!!! Sus

Anonymous said...

Shari,

Curt and You had such an amazing relationship and we all loved you for it. He warned you how ugly some family members could get....and I'm sorry to hear he was right. Keep seeking and believing...they don't have what you and Curt had................
Continue the journey with your kids...and God Almighty will deliver you and your kids and Talon Lee!

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Shari,

YOU are such an encouragement to All of us! Please keep the posts coming...they help! We love hearing from you! You have such a great heart and love for your family. I would love to hear you speak on the Women of Faith team!!! You compassion for Life is Amazing!!!!!!! Curt saw that in you girl! Shine Shari, Shine!!!! Great things are ahead for you!!

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Shari and kids,

Love to you all and thank you for All the posts! We love to read them...they inspire us!!! Keep them going!

We Love You! BLB

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari!

I Love seeing Curt's smile everytime I check the blog, and yours on Facebook! You both are Electric and show so much life in your smiles! Keep these posts coming!!!!!! It sends energy to All of us!

Love you! RA

Anonymous said...

Shari,

I read you were on the beach writing today.....what project are you on??? Go after it!!!! You are blessed and our prayers are with you! XOXOXO

Shari... said...

Wow.....secrets travel.......from blog to facebook and back!!! I'm only writing notes on our last so many years....so I can remember...and make notes on the special stories that we want to remember .....with Brittany's help on some details that we went through with caring for Curt and the special people that helped us through those incredible days. There are sooooo many stories and events that people would love to hear ...now that I can sit and remember moments and write them down....it is amazing when I share these moments with the kids and what they remember! There are a few people who want me to write a book in Curt's memory....I need time with this, so I can honor him in the most utmost way! I love the encouragement from so many of you.....thank you!!!! Love and Enjoy Life!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Shari,

You are so wise with your comments. I'm glad you want to honor your husband in the most utmost way. He will be proud of your choices you choose!

Blessings!

Lena said...

Hi mama shari,
I still can't look at his smiling face without tearing up...
Rick and I miss him too, but talk about him almost every day. We are glad you are spending time reading and writing in beautiful paradise...hopefully we can come and visit you soon.
Love you!
Lena and Rick

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari!

I can't tell you enough, how I love seeing Curt's smiling face and reading your posts. They both are so inspiring to me. You are so loved and our hearts and prayers are with you and your kids. I hope this time in Maui is helping you in this new journey of life. Please take care and learn to soar again!!!

Love You! SS

Shari... said...

Aloha!!!

It is so awesome to chat with some of our friends Curt and I met at Duke in North Carolina on facebook. They check in with me often and ask about our kids and family life....it's so great!!! We have All grown close and had a common factor in our life called cancer. We are a family that encourages each other because we understand this new walk we're on! It is great to share the many stories and daily avenues that pop up in our days. Love these new people in our life!

Hawaiian Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari!

I just Love hearing from you! You are a gifted, inspiring person! Wow! Please keep the blogs coming...they help all of us!

Love to you and the kids! BRL

Unknown said...

For those of you that are continuing to honor Curt by reading this blog, this message is for you. After almost a year of negative comments about "the extended family" I felt the need to share my feelings about those comments. I wonder if this person(s) writing these missives truly does not understand how hurtful these statements can be when they are delivered in a broad-brush way and potentially without having a full understanding of both sides. And why is this forum being utilzed to air this discontent versus addressing it directly with the individual(s) at fault? What is also disconcerting is this person(s) has chosen not to identify themselves, but feels comfortable in anonymously casting their dispersions. I would welcome talking to you direct. You can call me at 619.994.3661 anytime you would like.
Chris Bryant
Curt's older sister

Lori Wagner said...

Hi Shari, please continue the blog. I really love seeing Curt's smiling face and reading all about your family's progress. My friend Charlene and I were the ones who made Curt the "Conehead Hat!" I'll never forget his face when we gave it to him...classic! I've since had several "visitation" dreams of Curt. The last one I clearly remember. I was in a scene at an outside park or rec center and I see Curt. He's dressed in long track pants and long sleeved track jacket. He looks over at me with that huge smile and he begins teaching his class which is calisthenics to the elderly. He starts with jumping jacks and the scene fades. I was left with such a smile on my face. It was like I caught a glimpse of what he's doing on the Other Side: still teaching and being physically active.

Shari... said...

Lori,

You brought a Huge smile to Brittany's and my face after reading your comment! I kept that cute hat! Curt always looked forward to the Friday morning clinic with you and Charlene and the other gals. By the way, tell her Hi for me! The kids and I are doing good and we too get special visits from him. There's a great book, "90 minutes in heaven" and it talks about what we'll see when we get to heaven. I know Curt will meet us at the gates wearing his tennis clothes and looking healthy, blonde curly hair and ready to give us a workout!!!
Thank you for you're encouraging comment!!

Love and Hawaiian hugs, Shari

Kathy said...

Hi Shari!

I was one of the ladies Curt taught up in Orange County when he came up once a month to teach. I love reading your posts! Please keep them coming! I love reading how you and your kids are doing and your new adventure in Hawaii. I share your posts with all the gals when we meet for matches. By the way, his memorial was so beautiful, nice job Shari!

Take care and soak up that beautiful weather!

Trina said...

Shari,

You're such a doll! I'm another lady Curt taught up in Orange County. He spoke about his beautiful wife all the time when we met. You were the highlight of his life! I love reading your post, please keep them going!!! We all love reading about your journey and your kids and grandson. You are One special Lady! Curt is so proud of you for taking Family so important and staying in touch with your kids and their concerns. Great are your rewards!!!

Hope you're enjoying the Aloha Spirit and soaking up the wonderful sunshine!

God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari,
My son Devin McDaniel was one of Curt's tennis students and occasionally I will walk into his room and he will have the binder he made of all the pictures of Curt and him together and playing tennis. He will have the tennis ball from the memorial in his hand and he always has tears in his eyes and so do I. We loved him very much and will always miss him. Your posts show what an amazing woman Curt was married to, please don't stop the blog.

Love and Blessings, Cyndee

cyndee said...

Hi Shari,
My son Devin McDaniel was one of Curt's tennis students and occasionlly I will walk into his room and find him sitting on the bed with the binder he made with all the pictures of him and Curt playing tennis and he'll have the tennis ball from the memorial service in his hand and tears in his eyes. It always touches my heart to know that Devin loved this wonderful man and will always remember him. Please continue these blogs, every one I read tells me that Curt was married to an amazing woman.
Love, Cyndee

Shari... said...

Cyndee,

It touches my heart deeply to read comments from the heart. Curt spoke often of Devin and You. Let Devin know Curt is near and watching him grow and mature into the man God has designed him to be. And...when we all meet him in heaven, he will be there to show us all God's glorious wonders. Our hearts and eyes tear up too when we hold our tennis ball that reminds us of One Amazing Man that God allowed to cross our path and touch our life.

God Bless You and Devin!

Love, Shari