Sunday, September 20, 2009

Aloha!!

Life is so full.........not sure why I lost this last post??!!! Lets try this again!!! Paradise is still treating us great! Brittany and I were going to venture back to San Diego in a month or so. After praying and sharing our idea with several of our Christian friends and pastors.....we decided to wait a bit. Financially it didn't make sense either! I speak often with Donnie Dee as well and he felt that paradise was the perfect place to continue to heal and mend. So we will continue to watch the beautiful sunsets and take our many walks along these amazing beaches as long as God has us here. We had some shocking news a week ago on Brittany.......she had melanoma on her right calf. We had it removed. It was about a quarter size! This growth began when Curt was ill and time didn't allow us to have it checked. Three doctors told us, she is a very lucky girl....it was only skin deep. They want to go in again about 1/3 of an inch all around to make sure they got all of it. Surgery will be in the next week or so. Thank you Lord! Today, I was blessed with a text from Brett and Tammy....it was Talon Lee laughing out of control at his daddy. I think he has his grandpa Curt's laugh! What a blessing to hear your grandchild laugh with such joy in his heart. They also told me a few weeks ago...they are expecting another little one in April! I know Curt is looking down with such a Huge smile on his face and praying for God's protection on our little family. The blessings of life continue......hope you're enjoying life and Making it Count!!

God bless and Hawaiian hugs,

Shari

4 comments:

Cyndee said...

Hi Shari,
thanks for letting us know about Brittany. I had heard the news through MaryKay and have been praying for a speedy recovery for her and added strength for you. It's great to hear that you are expecting another grandchild. Life IS full of blessings. Thank you also for posting back on my last comment! Hearing from you was very special!
Cyndee McDaniel

Shari... said...

We went for a consultation Monday with the surgeon on Brittany's leg. He read over the results to us.....he needs to go in again 1" deep, 5" by 2" incision. He also wants us to speak to a plastic surgeon as well. He felt as long as Brittany has had this melanoma spot, we should be aggressive in making sure it didn't spread deeper, there were a few areas of concern. The surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday afternoon. She will have to sit with her leg raised on pillows for 5-7 days. Please keep her in your prayers.
Thank you to All of you who have been sending us encouraging notes and comments!

Love, Shari

Cyndee said...

There's not a better place on earth to have to kick back with your feet up recouperating than Hawaii. I will keep Brittany and you in my prayers during this healing time. God Bless you both,
Cyndee

Anonymous said...

I love reading what's going on! Thank you for the updates. Take Care!