Aloha Everyone!!!
It has been 2 weeks today since my surgery. I'm doing well....not as energetic as I would like though! I met with my surgeon last Friday and he was very impressed with my progress. I refuse to look sick and he liked that! I told him I was researching all the information he gave me and all my options.....including undergarments for mastectomy patients. He told me as soon as I get through the next few months, he would like me to be his spoke person for breast cancer. How nice...we'll see!! Today I met with my primary doctor to go over my next steps. My surgeon and primary doctor informed me the oncologists on all of Hawaii aren't taking anymore patients til April. Well, my doctors want me to see an oncologist asap. So now they are checking into La Jolla in California! That means I need to see if I can do an inter transfer again with insurance plans. I also found out the meds they wanted to start me on aren't covered by insurance and are $100. per pill. Can you believe?? I feel I'm reliving what I went through 2 and 3 years ago.....being your own doctor and having to research the next steps. My amazing daughter is handling it so well.....she's had experience with her daddy's illness. My parents are so supportive and taking me to all my appointments like loving parents do....and many tears shed inbetween for their daughter and it breaks my heart. Mom and Dad will be here with Brittany and I for Christmas and hopefully I will know where I am going for further treatments by then. It's holidays and I'm spending time reading in the book of Matthew in the bible, every morning...... this is the month we celebrate the birth of Jesus, our savior.....and I can picture Curt with his arms raised high and praising God in worship and celebrating our King.....can't you? Love up your family and remember the Real reason for the season!
Love and God's blessings, Shari
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Shari,
Your heart is so Beautiful. I can't believe you're having to go through this all over again. You have my prayers sweetie!
God bless you,
Marilyn
Shari,
I'm so sorry you are having to go through this, and especially during your favorite time of year. So sorry baby!! You are one amazing woman and will get through this better than anyone I know. So Girl....gear up and your army of supporters are behind you!!!! Your Facebook supporters are ready to march this out with you!!! You are NOT in this alone!!
Love You Girl,
JBD
Shari,
Our womens prayer group....that you started....told me to check the blog. You are One Awesome Woman and God Loves Shari! We are so sad that you have to go through this. If you move back to California...you have an awesome support group waiting for YOU!!! You are not alone and we will not let you be alone!!!!
We love You,
Steph
I am sorry that you have to go through all of this at Christmas time. Things, places and what to do will fall in place, I am sure of that and then you will be confident that this is what you are suppose to do. I am thinking of you and yours and sending you my love and prayers for a miracle to happen. Merry Christmas Shari, Love Connie Kramer
Post a Comment