Monday, January 8, 2007

From Curt's Family

Hello all and Happy New Year!
My name is Lena Medina and I am writing to update you on how Curt and his family are doing. Lets just say...I found his password and am taking advantage of the fact that I can write anything about this crazy guy and he can do nothing about it! (Except for erase it when he sees what I have done).
In all honesty, I am truly amazed and inspired at the strength and faith that Curt displays everyday. It is completely obvious that this man has his priorities straight. He loves the Lord with all his heart, soul, and mind. He has an amazing love for his wife....Just the other day he was asking me what he could do for Shari to make this whole situation better. "Something really special, so she knows how much I love and appreciate her". His commitment to her as a Husband is so refreshing to see. Curt, as always is the best dad to Brittany and Brett. He loves them unconditionally and is so proud of them.
Curt finished his chemo treatments last week and is currently in his last week of radiation. Friday, friday, friday....mentally, physically, and emotionally...Curt and the family are ready for Friday! As far as we know once this round of treatments is finished, Curt will have 4 weeks off! Yeah! Curt has done exceptionally well in this round of treatments. Aside from some headaches, nausea, and losing his hair he is still in "Curt mode". He works at the club a few hours a day and loves to talk to his friends. He appreciates and is encouraged by all the people who have contacted him in the past 9 weeks. Let me tell you the phone never stops ringing!!!
As some of you know Curt has the opportunity to visit Duke University at their Tumor/Cancer Center. Curt, Shari, Brittany, and Brett will be flying to North Carolina on January 22 for a consultation to see if Curt is a candidate for their research. This will also be a great opportunity for the family to take some much needed time to get away, relax, and enjoy spending quality time together. Supposedly Brett is in charge of finding some fun things to do there....we shall see what he comes up with!!!
Please Pray that Curt stays strong in this last week of treatment. It has been somewhat frustrating in that his last week was supposed to be 2 weeks ago and they decided to extend it to this friday. Today was a good day. We drove down the coast and looked at the beautiful ocean on the way down and stopped by Jamba Juice on the way back up...the simple things in life...that is what he loves. He loves that Jamba Juice!
If you haven't seen it yet, there is an article in Sundays North County Times on Curt. It focused on Curts Journey with Cancer including the trip to Duke, his love for Tennis, his appreciation for his friends and family, and his thoughts about the situation. "God's showing me the finish line. Not many people have that opportunity. One of the things I want to do--I want to finish well. I do want to make the day count. But I am going to do everything I can to stick around as long as I can."-Curts words from the North County Times.
The Condon Family thanks all of you for your uplifting thoughts and prayers. THEY FEEL IT!!! Thank you also for all the encouraging phone calls. There have been many! Although you may not get a hold of them personally, please know that they feel so blessed to have friends that love and support them. Please feel free to leave comments on this blog cite. Curt checks them regularly!
God Bless you all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update and I'm happy to hear that Curt is still keeping up the all-important PMA (positive mental attitude).
Hang in there buddy! Many prayers for you.
Ross Hessler

Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone at the golf tournament next week. I have a quarterly business meeting scheduled for that Monday and I just let them all know I would not be there. Since I haven't missed a meeting in four years, I felt an explanation was called for. I emailed this group of men an explanation of what Curt is going through and asked for all of their prayers. I don't open up my spiritual side too easily in a business environment. Curt, your journey has enabled me to be able to let this group know that when the going gets tough, I turn to God. How many other people do you think that you are touching in the same way right now?

We also prayed for you in our mini-church group. We have been meeting for 18 years in Laguna, are a group of 12 people and we have seen MIRACLES come forth from those prayers. Piper, my 17 year old daughter would not have been born without the prayers of this group. Long story...but God can do ANYTHING if it is part of His plan for you.

You are touching sooo many people with your faith and courage. You are truely in our prayers!

Dick Miller

Anonymous said...

Curt...it is Lynne Telger ( was married to Gary?) and I have been emailing Shari, but haven't sent THE LOVE your way! I just got to see the photo of the family...Curt and Shari don't look a bit older and the children (young adults) are just gorgeous! I am just amazed at what a wonderful, stong in your faith man you are. You were always a great athlete and a really nice person...but that REALLY doesn't count. You have your priorities in the right places and I can see that God is going to use you in a mighty way no matter what the outcome! I am super glad you pointed the gals to the Mary Kay. I have been in 18 years, have had 10 Pink Caddies, and it is the ONLY thing for women to prosper and keep their values in today's world. Helen is an Exec Sr too!
Keep on keepin' on!
Love and belief,
Lynne Telger

Anonymous said...

Curt and Shari: We are looking forward to seeing you at the Tournament on Monday. It has been too long and a lot of unpredicted events have occurred in your lives and ours.

We love reading your comments on your blog and the attitude you display is inspiring. This journey will be among the most important in your life and it is easy to see that it has already brought many unexpected appreciations of family and life. It will continue to do so.

Facing serious health issues is one thing. To face them unafraid and with family, friends and your faith is another. We pray that you will be provided the road out of this detour in your life and the continued happiness you deserve.

Jerry and Carolyn Davee

Kevin Klabunde said...

Hi Big Daddy Curt,
My girls and I read your blog at night and then we kneel and pray that God will heal you quickly. I have been very blessed to have had you and Laura as my first coaches at Singing Hills C.C. when I was a little guy. More importantly I am blessed to have you as a friend that I can go to when I need help and advise. Enjoy the Golf Tournament and your trip to Duke w/your awesome family. I'll be in Aspen tomorrow so I will throw up more prayers since I'll be a little closer to the Man. We love you and look forward to talking again soon.
Kevin,Amy,Sydney,Alexi & Trevor Klabunde

Anonymous said...

Hey Curt! It's your cousin Janis. Just want you to know that my kids and I have been praying for you from the start. Stay in the Spirit and He will sustain you.
Much love to you and your family,
Janis