Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

To everyone that came and played and at the golf reunion, thank you. It was a total blast for me! So many people that I hadn't seen in years, blessed my heart like you wouldn't believe. It was great to see my tennis family, my college family, my club family and my family family. (I put everything in general terms because you know if I skipped one person in my thank you, I'd never live that one down.) I got to the club around 10:45am and came up to the club house and was praying that I would recognize everyone. That didn't happen. Most people were gracious and helped me out but I told them the reason I forgot was the tumor!! A big huge thank you goes Donnie Dee and Wayne Bryan for emcee the event and helping to raise the funds for the treatments. At first count we raised $40,000 but it looks like we have closer to $70,000!! Because my radiation treatments have been extended, my trip to Duke will be February 5th and returning on the 9th. Duke wants a MRI done before I get there so that they can see what has happened since the intial surgery. I will be flying back every two weeks to continue the treatments. What has blown me away from the fundraiser is that so many people cared more than enough, that they would take their precious time and spend it with me. Your example to me has encourage me to finish strong and make everyday count!!!! May your days be filled with countless opportunities to show people that we live for the eternal, not the things that have an expiration date on it.

Making today count,
Curt, Shari, Brittany, and Brett

1 comment:

Gregg Whitfield said...

Dear Curt,

It was a great time for me as well. It had been many years since seeing you, your family, and some of the friends from over the years. It was wonderful to see your parents, Paul and Hazel. The love and concern expressed by all created such a great atmosphere. What an outstanding job by all who set up the day, especially Laura. I was very impressed with Donnie Dee as the emcee. He did a fantastic job at a time when our emotions were heightened, to say the least. The life of Christ was emanating from him and his message was encouraging, loving, and faith building. As you have given your own testimony that you live for Christ, you are as it says, a written epistle through whom we can read your faith, virtue, godliness, and love. (Just to name a few) What a nice inspiration that Donnie had for your friends to say a word that describes you.

There are many battles in our lives and in this world. The biggest and most important war is over our souls, as Jesus Christ is in contention with satan. In your battle with your health issues, it is a battle of the life of the tumor / cancer by satan verses the indwelling life of Jesus Christ. Those of us being Christians lift you up and the life of Christ will be victorious. I know we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against spiritual wickedness in high places. I feel compelled to state the truth that we contend for the faith. In every group there are believers, make believers, and unbelievers. There was a shocking display of this by the second emcee and his statement that the Christians had their time and now it is time for the anti-christ. Here we could witness another example of the challenge of the two lives being expressed at your honoring and fund raiser. The life of Jesus Christ takes on the challenge in all forms and let it be proclaimed that the supreme God, the almighty God being Jesus Christ, will win the battle, and reign.

I am honored to have transformed from your tennis family to our Christian family.

In Christ, Gregg Whitfield