Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas morning

Merry Christmas everyone!! Happy B-day to Jesus!!!
I got up a little early this morning so that I could have some time to reflect on the meaning of this Christmas to me. This is the best Christmas I've ever had. Knowing that this could be one of my last ones, I'm so much more thankful for my mom, dad, sisters, mother & father-in law, brother and sisters in- law, son, daughter and my most precious wife. I have received more encouragement and love in the last several months than I feel I have in my entire life. I want to thank everyone who has called, sent cards, sent money, brought meals, has meant more to me than you'll ever know. My members at El Camino CC have been exceptionally gracious and kind since finding out about my brain cancer. My General Manager, Ted Axe, is the most exceptional leader I've had the privileged to work for. On this special December 25th, 2006 for me, may we count our blessings of how many friends and family that we have around us and that we live in a country with great abundance that is protected by the finest military force in the world. If you are or have someone in the military please let them know how much you appreciate them and how much you love them because of their sacrifices for all of us. It is the same sacrifice that Jesus did for us over 2000 years ago so that we could choose where we spend eternity. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whoever believes in him will not perish but will have eternal life." John 3:16. Our Christmas eve service was on focusing on the eternal because everything else has an expiration date on it. (Meditate on that for a few moments)My focus has been to much on my wife and kids and providing for them with leaving Jesus in the back seat with me taking the steering wheel. Please pray for me to allow Jesus to always have the steering wheel to my life. May today, Christmas 2006, be the most reflective and heartfelt giving time you've ever experienced because of changing your focus to the eternal as opposed to grasping for things that will expire.
With the love of Jesus,
Curt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Curt. I had no idea you and Shari were such early birds! Sounds like you had the best Christmas; hope you enjoy the rest of the 12 days. See you on the courts one of these days ... this rain needs to stay away from mornings! Love and Best Wishes to all of you - Alex Hamner & family