Monday, February 12, 2007

I'm back!!!

You all thought I wasn't going to keep you informed on what's going on, didn't you. February 5th we took off to North Carolina which took us almost 6 hours. We landed at Raleigh/Durham airport and took a car to the hotel. We had a serious upgrade when we arrived at the hotel. My general manager had hired the general manager at the Washington Duke Inn for a job in Palm Springs 18 years ago. The gm at the "Duke" had called my gm to see what's going on during the benefit for me on the 15th. Ted, my gm, asked if they had any rooms available for me the week of Feb. 5th. Randy Krolls, gm at the "Duke", said he would be happy to accomodate. When we got to the hotel which was situated in a forest and a golf course, we had 3 door men greet us with shirt, tie, long winter coats, and gloves. They were incredible polite and accomodating. Instead of just another room at the hotel, we were upgraded to ajoining suites. Brittay and Brett had a 2 bedroom suite and Shari and I had a one bedroom suite!! This room overlooking the golf course, marble floors, all marble showers, sitting rooms, 3 TV's per room, 72 inch meeting table, mini bars, condiments for the two bathrooms, etc., was the best room I've ever stayed in. The room only cost me $60.00 per night!!! Now the room service was by far the most costly I've ever experienced. The best thing about being to stay at this castle was to see how God arranged all the details. The next day were my first appointments. I was a little uneasy but excited to meet my doctors. The first doc was Steve. He was a physicians assistant. He went over the clinical trial in detail and told me what their expectations. I told them I'm hoping for a few extra years. He got a little upset with my statement and said that there plans were to cure this tumor! That got me all fired up in a good way. The next doc was Dr. Ardaurdan. She went into greater detail and was very encouraging. Shari and I met with a couple of other doctors and then went back to the hotel. Wednesday we meet with 5 other nurses and assistant that explained all the possiblities that may happen. Joan was the first person that gave an overview of the steps during the trial. Kathleen was the next clinical assistant that asked if I wanted to add another trial it would be available. Next was Amy, a social worker, that wanted to offer her services when we have problems within the family. Amy and I had about a 10 hour discussion. Just kidding. It was only 4 hours long!! We met with several others and got a sense of how much they valued me as a person. It was the same feeling that I got during the golf benefit that you all had for me. We decided to do the treatment right then and there. I hate to keep you hanging but I must be off to work now so I will continue tomorrow morning. Thanks for all your prayers.

Love,

Curt

No comments: