Monday, June 2, 2008

live, love, and laugh.....and embrace your loved ones.....

Hi Everyone!! Have you been following the news about Ted Kennedy? He has a Glio brain tumor. Not quite sure what type of glio he has yet. Curt's was a glioblastoma brain tumor. My heart grieves for him and his entire family. He is back at Duke University Hospital. It is the same hospital that Curt had all his treatments done at and Ted was operated on by Dr. Friedman....partner with Curt's doctor.....Dr. Sampson. They have elected to do radiation and chemo right away along with Avastin, which Curt was on last summer through November. The only draw back with Avastin, it can highly cause blood clots....which we found out Curt was covered in, in his abdominal area....the last 10 days of his life. My heart aches for what this family is about to go through the next 6 to 18 months. I have a huge heart for families going through any form of cancer.....it really changes your life forever and especially when losing a loved one to this deadly disease. Brittany and I have had a few hard weeks lately ....and missing the life our home once had. We were thinking of going away this coming weekend....this Saturday is Curt's B-Day. After pondering our ideas...knowing when we came home the house would still feel lonely .....we decided to check out the internet on puppies. Sunday, we thought we go to "look" at a few puppies from a breeder. Well .....5 hours later....we came home with the cutest little brother and sister, black and white Shitzus. 9 week furballs!! They are the Cutest...and it helps with releasing some of the pain we're going through. We had several come by to meet the 2 little additions today...still trying to come up with cute names that go with our maltese, Tiffany. Brittany and I are reading several great books right now and have many awesome friends coming along side us to help, which is way cool! I am so thankful for the Great support my kids and I are getting, thankyou All!! We are enjoying the many emails, calls, and people stopping by and dinners out......they really help!! I hope you all are enjoying Life and the ones so precious to you......be thankful for all things....... that is the real meaning of life. Live, Love and Laugh....and Make Every Day Count!! Love and God bless, Shari

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy...we need to get together again. I miss you....let Britney know Kellie's home too!

Love you! Cindy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Curt! There are so many events that take place that remind me of all the great times we had.

I just had my El Camino HS team meeting with the girl's tennis team and we are going to dedicate our upcoming season to you. You are an inspiration to all of us. We miss you champ!

Love,
Erik Mateljan & ECHS Girl's Tennis

Anonymous said...

The major television networks will be hosting a huge cancer donation event the first Friday in September. We should all contribute again for this important cause. Way back when President Nixon declared the "War on Cancer" I thought it would be licked in 20 years. Not so. Let's all be active with this effort so great research strides can be gained.
Nancy Staehr