Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One year ago today.........

Hi Family and Friends! One year ago today.....the world lost a very special man........and heaven's gates opened...... and Jesus met Curt with loving arms and said, "enter in". Wow....I can't believe it has been one year. Brittany and I were talking last night and sharing about this last year without daddy/Curt......we both agreed that it seems like he will walk through the front door any moment and say, "Hi girls, what's up?" We wish that was true! We wish he was just on a long vacation and he will be home soon. Not so.....life is different, a new journey, and it's not ours to choose. God has a great plan for us here on earth and when we have done His will for our life, He will also call us home and we will hear "enter in". Learning to live a life without daddy/Curt and taking the new steps forward, has been the most difficult thing anyone has been called to do. There are days when even one step is painful.....but I have learned with God's help, it is possible. The pain of losing Curt will never go away, we miss him every day. God's an awesome God and he's holding our hearts as we walk through each day. I am so thankful for the many people who have come along side us to encourage us, pray, and give their support..... it means a lot. Donnie Dee and his wife Jackie have been a huge blessing to the kids and I.....we are so grateful. Curt's hospice nurse Ann, checks in monthly as well.........she's a doll, she wants the latest on our family, she shares and gives great advice. Our new church here in Maui is also a blessing. It is so awesome to hear about the many fundraisers in Curt's name, sending kids to FCA camp.....blesses him..... and the awards being presented to Curt......Wow! Thank you!! Life has new meanings.......and I'm learning....God always provides.....the sun comes up every morning and it sets every evening.....and tomorrow is a new day. Brittany, Brett, Tammy, Talon and I are our new family and it would bless Curt to see us carrying on, making new memories, traditions, and he would want us to be happy. Brett, Tammy, and Talon are coming to Maui to visit next month.....can't wait! My little grandson is now almost 5 months! My parents and sister Kelly are coming out shortly after. Life continues and there is still a purpose for all who chose to follow. Make Every Day Count has new meanings.....not to be taken lightly......but live it out to the fullest! The last 3 years have been incredible and we've all learned more about life and its value. We're only here on this earth a short time and Curt's was shorter than expected. Love up the ones close to you and make every effort to Make Every Day Count!
God bless, Shari

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Mom,
I knew you were up early but didn't know you were writing! Wow what a great post! I miss daddy so much. I can't believe its been a year! It seems like yesterday I kissed him and told him its ok to go home to Jesus. I remember last year it was such a pretty day, and I had so much peace knowing that he wasn't in pain anymore and cancer free. The pain of loosing him hasn't gone away but we are learning how to live through it. Mom moving here to Maui has really help with the healing process. Its so beautiful here you can't help but notice God's awesomeness. I think He spent more time on Hawaii haha! He is holding our hearts and helping us through each day! Daddy told me before he died, "Baby if it makes you happy then it makes me happy" Mom, all dad wants is for us to be happy! I can actually say that for the first time in 2 in half years that I'm happy. Yes I miss dad everyday, and yes the pain is still there, but I love being here in paradise! I'm happy! I love you mom! Thank you for going through this next chapter of life with me!
Lets make today count and go to the beach and eat cherry twistlers both of daddy's favs!
Love you,
Brittany
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Shari, I can't believe it has been a year. You and your kids are so full of love and compassion. Your post and Brittany's comment spoke to all of us. Curt was a special man and was gifted with an amazing loving wife and daughter and son. Draw near and keep your children and grandchildren close to your heart. Curt is proud of the great effort and love you are giving to them in this time of healing.
Love you!! KG

Anonymous said...

Wow....the heart of Curt's wife speaks. Shari, you speak with such compassion for your husband. Curt is so proud of you for All you have done this last year. My heart aches for you and your children. My prayer is that All God's children keep you in prayer. Curt's and your journey was cut short and he loved every minute of every waking time he had with you. Cherish that close to your heart. He's close and holding you through this journey with God.

God bless you!! D

Anonymous said...

Shari, I just heard that Brett, Tammy and Talon are coming out to see you....how awesome!! It's so great to see how close you are with your kids and how your building memories with your future daughter in law and special grandson. Curt is so proud of you. You will make a great mother in law and grandma to Talon Lee. Enjoy your week with your family!
God bless you!! DG

Anonymous said...

Shari, Wow...your kids and you will be together next week in Maui!!! I know this will be a special time for all of you and they will be there for Easter. That was Curt"s and your special holiday, the day Curt received Christ, 15 years ago. Love up your family and enjoy the time together.

Love and God bless! BL

Anonymous said...

Shari, You're the Greatest!!! Loved the stories you shared with me today. I'm so proud of you! It is so huge that you are sending Brett, Tammy and Talon out to spend time as a family at Easter time. Great is your reward in heaven. The love you have for Brittany, Brett, Tammy, and Talon is so incredible. I know how great family means to you and Curt loved all the specials you added to holidays and vacations. Enjoy this special time with all the kids!!!! Curt's smiling down on you and lovin' every minute of your special events with them!

Love you girl!! Sus

Anonymous said...

Shari, Wow girl!!! Keep shining!! God's watching over you.

Love and God bless! D

Anonymous said...

Shari,

Happy Palm Sunday tomorrow to you and your kids.

Love you, BB

Anonymous said...

Shari,

This is the Day The Lord Has Made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. Those were the words you began with at Curt's memorial. I couldn't help but think about you this morning as we celebrate Palm Sunday. Curt loved Jesus and going to church. Can you even begin to think what Jesus was thinking....knowing he was going to the cross in a week after Palm Sunday? Wow!!! You and Curt had an electric relationship. People were drawn to you...and Shari, people are still drawn to the compassion you still have in sharing about yours and Curt's story. Don't let that go! God has gifted you and many can learn about this incredible God we serve. I'm sad with the lack of extended family support....but pray that God's amazing grace will touch their lives this Easter.
Keep sharing the great news and God's awesomeness. Hope you are working on that book.........
Have a Great Palm Sunday!

Love and God bless!

Anonymous said...

Shari,

Your love, your heart, your strength, is a special gift from heaven. Never let that go! The Katina's have a great song, "Draw me close to You" I heard it on the radio yesterday and thought of you. Do you have the CD? If not, get it...it's a great one!! Have a great Palm Sunday!!

Love you, Sue

Anonymous said...

Shari,

You must be so excited to have your kids and grandson together this week. I know you and I'm sure you're buzzing around to make it a special week. I want to hear All the details later! This Sunday will be a special one for all of you and going to your new Maui church.
Have a Blessed Easter!!! Love you bunches! SM

Anonymous said...

Shari, I am so blessed by reading your posts and also the comments by so many. You have such a gift of communication. I don't think a lot of us knew this whole package Curt married....but he sure did! I am on the other side of the family and we have not given you any credit and I'm sorry for that! You are one amazing woman. Sorry for the lack of support.

May God bless you richly!!

Anonymous said...

Shari, You are one strong and amazing woman! Build those new memories like Curt would want you to, he's there right beside you and enjoying little Talon Lee as you hold him and give your special nana's love. I'm praying for you and your kids.

God bless you, BL