Aloha to Everyone!!!!
This island of Paradise is a blessing. We are overwhelmed by the love, support, and genuine interest people have in us here. People actually take time to stop and talk with you... ...everywhere we go, people are talking with us and asking about our journey. They are not caught up with the business of life. It is a great calming and perfect place to start over. We love the sunsets...it is a highlight every day to watch the beaches fill up with locals and visitors and sit to watch the amazing sky turn every color of the rainbow as the sun sets....and then applaud. I think God spent a little more time on creating Hawaii! Wow! We love it!! I've also been spending time reading books, letters from Curt and the many cards, emails, and letters that came in the last 3 years. I wasn't able to read many of them while caring for Curt during his last days....WOW..it has been so touching to me to re-connect with so many of our heartfelt friends. I'm gathering info and printing out the blog to help me in my first stage of writing my book..... just the rough draft so far. Brett, Tammy and Talon were here a few weeks ago. We had so much fun as a family. I am so impressed with the maturity of Brett and his fatherly skills. He and I were up together many mornings with Talon and out the door to Starbucks...then to walk the beachwalk at 6:00am!! We had many great talks about life and parenting. I know Curt was smiling down on us. Brett had the Best example of a Godly leader and father...and he is living out his father's desire for him. I'm so proud of him. Brittany is working hard at building our Mary Kay business on the island and her Ilori Sunglass job. Her leadership and management skills continue to rise and shine. Curt was such a huge supporter of the Mary Kay business. He loved what it stood for and the brilliance of the business and marketing plan. He told us many times over...girls, this has your name on it! So we're giving him his wish ...building our business of great skin care and connecting with women who want to make a difference in other's life. We're having a blast and meeting so many great ladies. Even with the economy so bad...women still buy products for anti-aging skin care, lipsticks, mascara, body lotions and perfumes. .The support we're getting is amazing and making new friends is such a joy.
My mom, dad, and sister Kelly were here last week. We had a lot of fun laying by the pool, dining and playing cards at our condo.
They loved our darling condo and little Tiffany (Brittany's maltese) was so happy and excited to see grandma and grandpa. I think that was their highlight...to see their girls happy here in Maui!
In closing.....I talked with Donnie last week and we were catching up on life....and he told me, "aren't you glad this isn't your home?" Shari, "we're just passing through, doing our mission...but Eternity is our Home, thank God!" I am so glad that there is so much more to look forward to....like meeting Curt at the gates with Jesus and celebrating our real home in heaven together. Until then, my assignment isn't over and my kids and grandson have a few more vacations and memories to make!
I'm reminded daily by the tennis ball that sits on my desk......it reads, Curt Condon, Make Every Day Count .....I hope you too are living that out! When you have a minute....check out the sunset....God provides that for us every day!
Love and God bless, Shari
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Shari, Wow girl! I think we all need to stop and enjoy and thank God for the sunsets! That was a great reminder. Stop stressing and enjoy life.
Thank you for a Great post!!
God bless you, TT
Aloha Shari! Another Great Post! Sounds like Maui is really working for you. I'm so happy for you and your family. Thank you for the great reminder...to stop and notice the things God provides for us, like sunsets and rainbows and beautiful flowers. Life is short here on earth and we all need to appreciate the simple things again.
You're one amazing woman that is making a difference in other's lives.
God bless!! Sus
Shari,
Your love and compassion for life radiates through your writing. Keep Writing, you have the gift!
Love and God bless!!
Shari,
Love your posts!! Thank you for the great reminder-
slow down and notice the blessings around me. Wow!!
There are many!!
Love you! S & M
Shari,
My heart is overjoyed with your posts! You write with so much love and joy. I know this is a hard transition for you, but you are choosing life and to enjoy your kids and grandson. I am so proud of you! My prayer is that God has Big plans for you and you are rewarded for this great journey you have been on. Keep Shining for Him!!
God bless, D
Shari,
God bless You!!
Shari,
It's so great that your family is giving you such awesome support through this new transition of life. I love your parents!!! They have always been there for you and Curt and the kids. Glad you're doing so good.
Keep those posts coming I enjoy every one of them!!
Love you sweetie, Kath
Hi Shari!
Your parents and I go back to high school days....long time ago!! Your parents wouldn't have it any other way but to be there for you. They loved Curt like their own son. They helped you care for Curt and stayed with you the last 2 months of his life. That is love! I know Craig and Curt were close too, like brothers. It has been touching to talk to Craig and he tears up when talking about Curt. That says it all! You have a great family behind you and your Heavenly Father has you in the palm of his hand and loves you so much. Keep shining!!
Love you and God bless, Mag
We love you Shari, Brittany, Brett, Tammy, and Talon!!!
Shari,
You are such a blessing to many. We miss your zest for life in California. You always chose to be positive and encourage others to do the same. Curt was that way also! You two were so great at lifting others up in life. Love you girl!!
God bless, Christy
Shari, Brittany and Brett,
Love you!! TT
Shari,
Wow!!! Maui Girl!! I didn't know! I was up, couldn't sleep and thought I'd check the blog. Didn't know if you even kept it up. I'm impressed!! You are sharing with the world how God can do amazing things in our life if we allow Him to. I know there are struggles from family members going on, but you need to look up to your amazing God who has been there for you the whole time and ignore the ugliness. Curt would want you to rise above and be the Amazing woman he married. Life is out there for You... Go for it!!!
You are in my prayers!! BC
Shari,
Great to see you're on Facebook! Can't wait to hear the latest! You are such a special person and my heart goes out to you and your kids. Remember, Curt is near to all of you.
Love you girl, W
Aloha Shari!!
How is Maui? I love that island. How's Mary Kay doing? You are so great at making women feel special, I know you'll do well.
Love you, God bless, D
Shari,
Aloha Girlfriend!! I am so proud of you for taking a step most people would Never have the courage to do.
Shows how strong you are and determined to make it and carry on. You Go Girl!!!!
Love you, Sus
Shari,
It was great to hear from you yesterday. You absolutely amaze me. God's strength shines through you. You are such an encouragement to me.
Love you, D
Shari,
Happy Memorial Day! I know this is a very special holiday and dear to your heart....as your father served in the army. God Bless America!!! We need to blanket our country in prayer and love up our families.
Love you and God bless You and your kids,
SD
Hey happy gal! This is jennifer lucore - just checked the blog with your update which I'll share with the AA gals. So good to hear you are enjoying those sunsets! I wish you and brittany much success in Mary Kay - I had a blast doing it. Meet great people, travel, ect... Lauren is now working in the proshop - her first official job. Life is good at the club, we bug Laura and Tommy all the time (just like we did Curt). I wish you all the best of luck on the creation of your book! Hugs!!
Shari,
Hope the island experience continues to bless you and you family. Curt and you all frequently come to mind. we miss you all.
God bless,
Paul and Vicki Bartholomew
Aloha close friends! Thank you for all your encouraging comments, love and support. It means a lot to have you in our life. Your support is so warming to my (our) heart.
Love and God bless You,
Shari
Post a Comment