Thursday, November 19, 2009

Aloha Family and Friends!!!

Life doesn't make sense sometimes! Brittany is healing slowly. It will take a year to actually heal completely. She ices daily and staying on her feet for a length of time is not good! I have been waiting to post this next post because I needed to share our new news with Brett. I talked with him yesterday and we are All in shock! I had a mammogram last week, followed by an ultrasound and sent for a biopsy the next day. Well... 2 days ago I found out I have cancer. I meet with the surgeon tomorrow and I was told it isn't an emergency but an urgency. My parents are coming out to help care for me for a month or so, after I talk with the surgeon tomorrow. My main concern is Brittany and Brett, Tammy and my grandchildren. I want to know they will be ok and enough family will come along side them throughout their life....in case this turns on us. They are so young and already missing a father. My prayer is that Brittany and Brett grow closer again and encourage each other through life. Brett has a lot on his plate and many responsibilities.....more than a 23 year old should have. This life is a journey and I'm missing my sweetie to process this. God holds our life in His hands and we are to trust and believe that it's going to all work out for His glory.
I'll or maybe Brittany will keep you posted on the results. Just a little reminder...Make Today Count!!

Love and God bless, Shari

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Shari,
I am in shock too. We all will wonder why this has happened in your family again? Only God knows these answers and one day we will know the answers to all of the things that make us wonder. My prayers and positive energy is coming your way and also for Brittany. Love, Connie Kramer

Shari... said...

Thank you Connie!

We found out today that surgery will be December 1st. A mastectomy on my left side is scheduled! The doctor told me my strength and attitude towards this is awesome and will work for me to help me through the healing process. I want to get it out and done so I can move forward. There is Life out there to live!

Love and Hugs, Shari

Shari... said...

Thank you Connie!

We found out today that surgery will be December 1st. A mastectomy on my left side is scheduled! The doctor told me my strength and attitude towards this is awesome and will work for me to help me through the healing process. I want to get it out and done so I can move forward. There is Life out there to live!

Love and Hugs, Shari

Cyndee said...

Oh Shari,
My heart goes out to you and your family.Being human we wonder how one family be given so much to deal with, but God knows us better than we know oursieves and He never gives us morethan we can handle. He must think you are an extraordinarilly strong family. We will be keeping you all in our prayers and ecpecially on Dec. 1st Shari. Keep your positive glow, it will serve you well.
Love, Cyndee McDaniel

Anonymous said...

Shari,

As Curt would say....unbelievable!!! You asked for an army to help you and Curt fight the fight with his cancer and now it's time to help you fight the fight! We need the army of Christ to step it up and be there for you and the kids. I'm praying for All God's children to rise up.

Love you girl!! SS

Anonymous said...

Shari,

God has Big plans for you!!! Wow...you are one strong amazing woman and Curt fell in Love with that. He's watching down and cheering You on!!! Keep the faith and trust God is holding you in His arms.

Love and belief, Bry

Anonymous said...

Dear Shari,
Stephanie shared your request for prayer at growth group on Thursday. We are praying for both you and Brittany and will be certain to pray extra hard for your surgery next Tuesday. Your faith and strength are such and inspiration to all of us who have been blessed to know you. We miss you in Oceanside but it is clear you are where you need to be in paradise.
Love,
Holly

Shari said...

Holly,

I can't thank you enough for you prayers!!! The power of prayers holds firm. I'm trusting God is holding this in His hands and trusting in Him. Curt fought the good fight and I have to do the same....that would bring Glory to Him......so lets fight the good fight once again!!!

Love you, Shari

Shari said...

Hi All Our Friends across the country and Family,


I have received sooooo many emails from so many of you. Don't be afraid to leave comments on this blog. Brittany, Brett and I Love hearing fron All of you!!!! Keep the encouraging coments comng to us.....it helps the 3 of us, Love and God Bless You!!

Anonymous said...

Wow......

Shari, You're One Amazing Woman and Curt my friend, knew that! Our God is holding you and Brittany and Brett in His arms. My prayer is that both families are touched by God's presence.. You and Curt knew, this is not your eternal home....We long for All of them to spend eternal life with Curt in Heaven....it's up to them. Love You Girl!!!!! God's Special Child!

God bless you, Sus

Anonymous said...

My Friend...Shari,

God Bless YOU!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to You and Your kids. Rejoice....You are an Amazing Woman and Don't let Anyone Tell You different! Curt knew what He was marrying... a first class Woman!!!! He is Smiling down on You!!! Rejoice...You are Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Dear Family and Friends,

Life takes turns on us and it's not in our hands! Please don't feel sorry for us....just pray!. Brittany and Brett are the Ones who Curt and I want you to pray for. Both families have been apart for so many years. Curt and I prayed together that they would come together for the sake of their grandchildren. They are in mourning and scared of losing another parent..... ...once again cancer has struck our family! We love You and pray for You that You are on Your knees.....God Bless You and Happy Thanksgiving!

Blessings to You and Your family,

Sharii