Monday, February 26, 2007

The adventures of Curt & Shari # 1

Hi everyone. Shari and I just got back from NC for the second time. We flew out of San Diego on February 22nd at 8:05am on United and and got to Washington/Dulles in the afternoon. We were only suppose to have an hour and half lay over but it turned out to be a 3 1/2 hour lay over. Welcome to world travel Curt! We got to our hotel, Washington Duke Inn around 9:15pm and ordered room service. While waiting for the food, I got Shari's bath ready with anticipation of really good things to come. I was wrong again but the food was good. Shari went to bed before I did which was a significant miracle. The next morning we got up and went to my appointment and had some blood drawn and saw Sharon and Denise. We talked about if there had been anything out of the ordinary and I said just a rash and itching around the area of the injections. Denise gave me four more injections of the vaccine in my right groin area. By the way, I don't believe I mentioned what the vaccine was suppose to do. The vaccine is suppose to keep the tumor from spreading and even kill the tumor. When that happens, I'm looking to kick some butt out on the court! Shari and I drove around the Duke campus and wanted to see the chapel at Duke. We asked the cop where we could park and see the chapel but he informed us that there was a funeral going on inside. We'd have to see it next time we were in town. We drove to the hotel and took a taxi back to the airport. The trip back seemed to take forever! One of the good things on the way back was I got a chance to watch the Prestige and one other that I can't remember the name of. We got to San Diego around 9:00pm and home by 9:50pm. Shari wanted to get me home and get to bed so I could catch up on my beauty sleep. The trip was quick and relatively uneventful but it was one step closer to see what God has instore for me and my family. Keep your prayers targeted towards total recovery and that God would give me peace no matter what road I get to go down. Thanks to everyone for caring and loving my family as much as you do!

Love to all of you,
Curt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We appreciate reading updates from your perspective, Curt.

Our prayers are sent with the hope of full recovery for you. You are an inspiration to many.

Continue to appreciate each and every day with family and friends.