After the vaccine, Sharon, the head nurse for this program, told Shari and I that we would have to come back to Duke every two weeks for 2 months. After that it would have to be only once a month, forever. An MRI would be scheduled every two to three months to see what the tumor was doing, to see if it's fooling around or anything like that! So we then set some tentative dates for the treatments in which I'm working on scheduling the flights and hotels now. By the way, the hotel I told you about earlier, my GM called the GM at the Washington Duke Inn and he said he would be delighted to have me stay at his castle any time I'm in town for treatments and for the same $60.00 a night rate. Is God working overtime or what? So after getting the scheduling done with Sharon, Shari and I went back to the hotel where Peter, Becky Krawslasky,and their kids were waiting for us at the hotel. They were starving so we went to a local sandwich shop for lunch. Peter was the youth pastor at Palomar Community Church when I first became a believer. The senior pastor Charlie, asked me if I would consider helping out in the junior high youth ministry. I told Charlie I didn't know anything about youth ministry but I would give it a shot. Peter mentored me and helped me as we attempted to guide these little ones towards the Truth. So Pete and I have a good amount of history plus some of the veteran El Camino Country Clubers may remember Becky as she worked in the tennis shop 7 to 8 years ago. They drove from Nashville 5 1/2 hours to see the family. After lunch we went back to the hotel and partied really wildly. You all know me how wild Curt can get! They left around 7pm just before Curt's bedtime. For me, the trip was a tremendous success because the doctors showed me their determination to cure this cancerous tumor. My prayer is that I would have the same determination as the doctors and that all my friends and family would continually pray for my determination, peace, and allowing God to be God. That's about it until next time. Please call or email when you feel the urge.
Thanks for being interested and loving my family,
Curt
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I had no idea that you worked at Palomor Church with Peter K. Did you ever go to the combined youth worship nights that they held at the AVO or Palomar church? I was helping out Peter Foster from Oak Hills church and used to mix the sound and run powerpoint.
Hi Curt, I have laughed and cried through all your updates. My friend Jim Allen keeps me updated on how you are doing...now I can read it all myself..although I enjoy Jims uodates too :o) We are thinking of you and know you will have many years to kepp doing wonderful and meaningful things.
Stephanie
carol zanio
Hi Curt
I've been following your progress here and praying for you. I've forwarded the website address to many of the tennis players up here in Orange County. Everyone asks about you and is praying also.
Carol Zanio (moset@msn.com)
Great news about the treatments so far and that you are getting both the VIP hotel treatment and care at Duke Univ. I might even root for the Blue Devils now at NCAA tourney time.
What a a great donation of the seats at the Pacific Life desert tournament! We are out of town so cannot do it but it sounds like a fabulous opportunity. We had seats there for years and it is an experience to see the very best at their sport.
Can I have your frequent flier miles to Duke and back? You will be a million mile man in no time.
Keep up the good work and we will pray that all continues well and the tumor says "I give up, the guy is too tough.:
Jerry and Carolyn
Curt,
Thanks for those updates. We've been traveling as well and missed you! Please know that we are praying for you and your family daily!
Love to all,
Susan and Ted
Post a Comment