Sunday, October 7, 2007
mood lighting.........
Hi Ya'll!! As you can see from the last post...Curt still has his sence of humor going! Such a funny guy!! He had his 4th treatment of Avastin and CPT-11 chemo on Friday and this time he got sick right away. He felt crummy Friday night and Saturday morning but still went to his Better Men's Breakfast at 7:30am and then came home and spent most of the day in bed. He is such a trooper! He is working on thanking God....not for the tumor but thanking him for all that God has blessed him with around our home...and the memories that fill our home. The book he is reading by Ed Dobson, Prayers and Promises, has helped us both not to focus on cancer but to focus on the great people in our life, our children, and all the 27 years we've had together and the blessings that have come along the way. I fixed Curt a nice dinner (hoping he could eat it) I set the dining table, put a little mood lighting on...made it nice and special for him...it was just the two of us... he loved it! We talked about the book while eating our dinner and I shared with him a verse I read during the morning and it was from 1 Thessalonians 5:16, Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. It didn't say be thankful for the circumstance but in all circumstances. This helps us to focus outwardly on all the blessings we've been showered with and not ask why God why. Well our plan is to go to church this morning and rest and watch football the remaining of the day. Curt has his next MRI on Monday at 1:30.....so please pray that this tumor is being starved by this new treatment and is shrinking. We will get the results on Wednesday or Thursday. I'll give you an update as soon as I get the results. Enjoy this Great Day and we'll talk with you soon! Love and God Bless, Shari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment