Sunday, January 20, 2008

God was protecting Curt.......

Hi Family and Friends! We feel so blessed by all the emails, cards, and calls that we have received in the last week. We love you all! We have had a bit of a rough week....Curt had a seizure on Tuesday morning. Brittany and I woke up at 3:30am and couldn't sleep....so we went downstairs and made some coffee. We talked for a short bit ...then Curt got up at 4:00am. We were all up and having coffee and discussing our day around the kitchen counter......at 4:30am Curt went into a laugh and had his arms up in the air and I realized it was the beginning of a seizure. Brittany and I placed him on the ground and held him on his side ...then called 911. We followed paramedics and went to Tri City hospital to have Curt checked out. I called Donnie Dee and he was also awake at that time, thinking of Curt, and knew it was me calling at 4:30am. God was protecting Curt....he would have fallen on tile if Brittany and I were not up. We were back home around 9:00am and stayed low the rest of the day. We have set up hospice to come in 1 to 3 times a week to check on Curt and make sure he is comfortable. Thursday, the doctor wanted Curt to be checked out at Greens hospital to see how his lungs, heart, and blood were doing....all was well. Thursday night Donnie and Brittany took Curt to the Laker game and had some fun. Friday, the Better Mens group came over ...at 7:15am to see Curt and pray for him. We are praying for God's protection and guidance on this week. Curt is beginning to get frustrated with his meds and memory loss....but we're trying real hard to Make The Day Count in new ways with God's help. Please continue to pray that God will give him peace and hold him in his arms at this time of uncertainty. We love you all and I will try to keep you updated.
God bless, Shari

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shari,

Our family will continue to pray for you, Curt and your family! Thanks for keeping us informed.

Dick

Unknown said...

Shari and Curt,

I am thinking of you both everyday and hope for comfort and strength during this time. Thank you so much for keeping up with the blog.

Love, Lynn

Debbie said...

Shari, Curt, Brett, and Brittany,

Our family is praying for all of you during this tough time.

The Simeks

Anonymous said...

thank you for the update. We love you all so much!!! the Lucore Family.

Anonymous said...

Curt, Shari and Brittany - what a week you've been through. The hospice workers are wonderful, and it is very comforting to have them helping. We are all thinking of you everyday. Love, Alex, Michael, Troy & Chad Hamner

Anonymous said...

Curt,
I love you dearly and pray for you each day...
Shari and Brittany...I love you too!
Lena

Jamie Schrimpf said...

Curt and Shari,

Am praying God's peace (which surpasses all comprehension) and grace for you as well as for Brett and Brittany. Thank you for keeping us informed. Shari your strength is amazing. Curt, you know I love you brother. I am looking forward to the celebration next Monday. In His hands.

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Curt and Shari,

How fortunate we were to see you at the Club today! You look amazing - no one would know that you're having a rough time. Your strong belief in God shines through your eyes, and we know He'll guide you gently. We think of you daily, knowing that you take comfort and strength through each other.

Much love,
Tom and Sue Lyon

Anonymous said...

All of your family members are in our prayers. Our wish is for Curt to have continued blessings.

We will see you at the Second Annual Curt Condon Classic!

Love,

Sal and Nancy

Anonymous said...

Curt,

You are truly blessed. Not too many of us get the chance to have so many see Christ through us.

Genesis 5:24 says " Enoch walked with God". We have all observed that " Curt walks with God."

Amazing Grace.

Bob Brazier

Anonymous said...

Shari and Curt,

You are constantly in our thoughts and our prayers...even though we haven't spoken for awhile, I have been reading your blogs and all I can say is that you are truly amazing people. God Bless you both and your family. We will be seeing you next Monday. Love you all...

Cindy and Andy

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! I've had quite a few people call me on how to leave a comment for Curt on the blog. You don't need to sign up for anything, no user name or password. Type your comment in the box then press Anonymous at the bottom and then press Publish Your Comment. I know it looks confusing, sorry, there's no way to remove those other items. Curt checks the blog every morning....so keep the comments coming, it helps!!
Make Today Count! Shari

Anonymous said...

This is really hard for me--because I want to be there. I want to be around and I am on the other side of the ocean. Please know that I love you and miss you so much! I am sending out prayers and hugs from over here. I really do wish I could be there.
I do know this---that you are one of the best examples in my life and I am pretty sure Jesus will smile when he sees you. You are good and faithful servant. Thank you for EVERYTHING.
April K

Anonymous said...

Curt and Shari,

We met briefly at the patient waiting room at Green. You are both in my prayers and also on the prayer chain of my Sunday School Class here in San Diego.

May our Lord continue to hold you firmly in His arms each day and give you strength and peace.

JackieBlogPosts said...

Hi Shari - Curt was my tennis teacher eons ago at the Vista Tennis Club. Nancy Dolce told me about this blog just recently, but I have thought about Curt and his family many times this past year. Donnie Dee lives right up the street and I'm so glad he is helping you all get this through this. My father also had a brain tumor so I know a bit about what it does. Anyway the Piro family is also praying for Curt and family Jackie Piro