Friday, January 4, 2008

reading of the MRI.......

Good Morning! Curt and I had a heavy load crash down on us yesterday.....we had the reading of his MRI with Dr. Mason. The doctor and his assistant came in pretty anxious and not ready to give us the news.........the original tumor is back and it is large! The cavity where it was removed last year...was about the size of a tennis ball....the regrowth is now a little larger than a golf ball. This regrowth was not on his last MRI, which was in October. There is also a new tumor growing behind Curt's right eye....which is about a 1/4" round right now. Dr. Mason said he was going to dart out an email right away to all surgeons and oncologist who deal with this glioblastoma tumor..... to come up with the next plan of attack. He told us we need to act quickly! Curt has another doctors appointment with Dr. Mason next Tuesday to hear the plan these doctors have come up with. Curt immediately told the doctor, I value life and I would rather have quality of life for a short time than risk another surgery...so.... please come up with a plan that I can still enjoy the time I have. They gave Curt a stronger dose of pain medication.........the pressure behind his eyes is growing and hopefully this new medication will help along with a sleeping aid. Curt and I prayed on the way home, that we trust and have faith in God's plan and know He will direct our steps. If any of you feel lead....give Curt a call to encourage him on...his cell is, 760 672-2263. He would love to hear from you and know his fan club is pulling and praying for him! I will keep you posted on any new news. Love to you all and God bless, Shari

5 comments:

ian hthnc man said...

hope you feel better soon, Ian Butterfield

Anonymous said...

phew! the ups and downs.... my two cents are keep on keeping on. You are so missed daily at the tennis club and when i do show up for my weekly match i am always looking for you to give a great big hug to, because you know you ARE the most handsome man around!!! Huge hug to you and your family - see ya soon! love, jennifer lucore

Anonymous said...

Dear Shari & Curt,

I don't know whether you remember me or not, but I met you at Duke last July for our pre-op appts. It was such a privilege to meet you both and pray right there in the clinic hallway. I will NEVER forget that or what Curt prayed about surrender (a Spirit-led prayer to say the least!) I've been following how you are doing and continue to pray for you and God's amazing grace to be abundant to you. He's so faithful. "I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." (Psalm 16:8) Keep running your race!
In Christ,
Joanie

Unknown said...

Hi there Curt :)

Just wanted to let you know that we love you and count it as a blessing to know you. Keep on running the race and fighting the fight!

Love -
The Dees

Anonymous said...

We don't know one another but we are from the same family...of God.
I want you to know that I am praying for you Curt, and your family.
I have been where you are now. Only with lung cancer and then again with breast cancer. 5 yrs later I am doing just wonderfully.
God is faithful to His Word and promises. I am thankful for those who prayed for me .
I will believe the impossible for you ..because there is nothing God can't do that He didn't already promise us. He loves us so much..more then we can fathom or begin to know.
You sound like such a good man who is so loved by family and friends. It must be the Jesus who abides in you that shines.
God bless you all and keep looking up!
Your sister in Christ,
June Esposito