Thursday, January 24, 2008

We can't find Curt..........

Hi Family and Friends! Another exciting day in the neighborhood.......Curt was asked to have a relaxing day and just chill, by his nurse......because of his high blood pressure, due to the swelling in his brain. Well.....he got a little upset with me over taking so many meds that he took off on a walk. I thought I'd let him cool off a bit....how far could he go??!! After a few minutes I called him on his cell....he decided NOT to answer it....if you know Curt very well...he ALWAYS answers his cell.........so....Brittany got in the car and I asked a neighbor to help us find him. They drove and drove and No Curt! Brittany called me and was in a bit of a panic, "mom, I can't find dad anywhere!" I told her to go up to Walmart,( 3/4 of a mile away) and check the parking lot....I didn't think he could get up there that fast..... but.....anything is possible these days!! NO Curt yet and it's been 30 minutes........our neighbor and Brittany walked into Walmart....and there he was..... sitting in Mc Donalds, having a coke and watching the people walk by!!!!! I was home on the phone calling friends in the neighborhood and putting the alert signals out! I even called Donnie Dee to call Curt...maybe he would answer Donnie's call. When we finally found him he had the biggest smile on his face....like, ....what's up?? This doesn't beat the Great Hospital escape back at Duke ...but close!!! On a medical side, Curt is slowing down and the tumor is affecting his eyes, speech, and memory, which frustrates him to the max. Brittany and I played games last night with him and tried to have some fun......but this tumor is definitely attacking him. Please continue to pray for strength and courage to put one step in front of the other and one day at a time. We are continually trying to Make the Day Count, with God's help. Love to you all, Shari

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shari and Curt,

Wow, you both show amazing courage. We all should take a lesson from you two. We WILL continue to pray for strength and courage and know God is there with you all the way. You are a blessing to all of us.
Love and God bless, TT

Anonymous said...

Hi Curt and Condon family, how are you? We have missed seeing you around the tennis courts. Bonnie and Joshua love your teaching Curt, you are the best teacher they ever had, soo creative, funny and so helpful! Fallbrook played El Camino yesterday, and sorry..but not realllly, we won!Im finally learning to play doubles..
We have been hearing of your struggles from Jackie Dee, she is our educational specialist! Small world huh! We have been thinking of you,missing you and praying for you!We are sending you lots of hugs from us!This must be a tough time in your life, wondering and waiting for the Lord to show you His direction. If the Lord miraculously restores you, praise God! If the Lord takes you home soon, praise God! His will is perfect and good and the best for you! He makes no mistakes..
I had a friend Lorraine, she was healthy, beautiful, blond curly hair just like you and more importantly she loved the Lord and lived passionately for Him and was so evangelical, just like you. She got cancer and fought hard against it with all her might. It went away for one year. Then it came back and she had one month to live. She still fought hard, she had 2 kids and a nice husband and home. She was only 45...she prayed and asked the Lord to give her a longer life. She didnt want to go. Then one day in the hospital the Lord gave her a vision of Him and heaven. Then she understood, she realized that it was okay to let go, her leaving her family and this world was not a punishment , but a reward! The Lord showed her His amazing love, His total peace and extreme joy, His freedom from pain, suffering and sin.He was blessing her by bringing her into His awesome presence soon. She said, I get it now, ITs sooo much better! She no longer regretted leaving this world, but looked forward to being in Heaven, in her Fathers arms... I pray that God would show you too His amazing love for you and give you a vision for your future with Him. He loves you soooo much Curt! We love you and if He takes you to the finish line and into heaven soon, you won the race! You beat us all there! You get the trophy! Praise God we will see you in Heaven someday soon...and if not soon and he gives you a longer life here then we will hopefully see you on the courts and around town and we pray for good health and humor :D ...showers of blessings on you and your family....my brother in the Lord! love from Bridget Youngdale and family

Anonymous said...

Dear Condon Family,
Just a note to let you know that prayers ascend from Nebraska. We have been keeping up with and praying for you all through your blog. We lift you up in church at our congregation here in Omaha eac week and on our prayer network. Continue to let God's light shine through you all as you travel this path.
In Christ,
Linda Landsberg (Robby Meacham's sister)

Anonymous said...

Curt, curt, curt!!! What are we going to do with you!!! I can just picture you huffing away up to Walmart and sitting there with a big smile on your face!!!! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow... sounds like it was very scary for you all, thank God it was a reunion at Mickey D's!

Curt. I can see your smile right now and all I can say is, fries with that Curt? I love you both for sharing this with us all and like Christ instructs, I love and pray for you unceasingly.

Tonight Curt will be lifted up in prayer at our men’s worship at NVCF. We will pray for the Holy Spirits presence tonight in your home as you care for each other.

Love Always,

Patrick

Anonymous said...

Curtonis Maximus! That's 20 pushups! You've always wanted to be a "greeter" at Walmart havn't you? God bless you "Big Daddy." gb

Unknown said...

Curt, Shari, Brittany and Brett,
We have been keeping up with you both through word of mouth, so quite nice to have the website to view. What a story to read. Curt I can just see you with that awesome smile sitting at WalMart!!You all have been and will continue to be in our prayers. Shari, please call if I can do ANYTHING to help..Day or night shift!!!
Love (Jon and) Nancy Beatty

Unknown said...

Curt, Shari, Brittany and Brett,
We have been keeping up with you both through word of mouth, so quite nice to have the website to view. What a story to read. Curt I can just see you with that awesome smile sitting at WalMart!!You all have been and will continue to be in our prayers. Shari, please call if I can do ANYTHING to help..Day or night shift!!!
Love (Jon and) Nancy Beatty

Anonymous said...

Curt, Shari, Britany and Brett,
We have been keeping up with you both through word of mouth, so quite nice to have the website to view. What a story to read. Curt I can just see you with that awesome smile sitting at WalMart!!You all have been and will continue to be in our prayers.
Love (Jon and) Nancy Beatty

Anonymous said...

Curt and Shari,
I took me 45 min. to figure this blog out...but I kept trying and now you have my comments twice. That out to give you something to smile about over your morning breakfast!! love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hey Condon Family,

Just want to let you know I love you all. You are always on my mind and in my prayers!
Love, Mandy

Anonymous said...

We prayed for you at my Bible Study Group today here in San Diego. Hope you enjoyed your sight seeing trip yesterday!

Blessings to you,

Marlowe B.

Anonymous said...

Curt,

Just talked with Shari...she is so funny and has a great spirit for life. More people need to take lessons from her on how to live the good life! She loves you so much and your children. God will watch over her and Brittany and Brett. Don't worry my friend your family is in good hands. God bless you all.
Love, JD

Anonymous said...

Shari,

I just left your house tonight...and left with a lot of Mary Kay glamour. You're the best!! Can't wait to put my make up on tomorrow! Curt is so lucky to have you and Brittany there with you. Your home radiates love and peace. It is so calming to walk in your home and see candles glowing, music singing. You would never know what you all are going through by walking in your loving home. That was a true lesson for me!
Love you all, S

Anonymous said...

Curt,

Oh My Gosh.... Shari just returned my call and gave me an update. Wow Dude, you're one tough patient! How do you do it? You have an amazing daughter tooi, she's taking you all over town and to the movies, you have awesome girls in your life! Hang in there dude, you're the best!!
Love ya, T

Anonymous said...

Curt,

Curt man, You are the greatest! You have an amazing wife walking by your side. I'm in my office working late and heard a song, by Avalon, "God is in control" How awesome is that...to know He is in control. Keep up the faith and look to Him who has it in his hands. We All need to learn by you and Shari. Liove you Big guy!
BL

Anonymous said...

from Nancy Staehr

Curt, I loved that Wal-Mart story.
I would have done the exact thing myself!
Thanks for posting Shari, I understand you being anxious about his time away but it was probably a very good feeling for Curt to be independent and clever!

Anonymous said...

He's always had a great sense of humor...funny guy. Maybe you should put a dog collar on him with a bell on it. LOL. Miss u guys!
April K

Anonymous said...

Dear Sheri and Curt,

This is my first attempt to get thoughts to you. Sorry it’s taken so long. It’s kind of hard to figure out what to say.

Curt, you may remember me from some of Marilyn Bartholomew’s tennis clinics in Lake Forest. I’m that dingy brunette who rarely followed your instructions. I’ll never forget you telling me to plant my outer foot and hit so I wouldn’t end up running off the court. It’s much cooler to run into the fence and see who cares. (It’s generally your partner, the one you don’t want distracted.) But nevertheless, I learned a great deal from you that I have yet to put into practice.

Marilyn and I had a conversation today wherein we both felt compelled to write and let you know we think of you all the time, love the blog and can’t believe you have such a awesome and beautiful family.

There’s a lot of things I don’t want to say, the big one being goodbye. But I guess I should face that first and get it over with. I know you’re a Christian, as am I, so we both know it’s not goodbye, it’s really, see you later. So let’s not say goodbye.

The other thing that seems to have kept me from writing you is what do I write about. OK, we can talk about you or we can talk about me. But really your story is much more interesting than mine. You’ve had just about every emotion (times 10) that I have. Reading about your past 2 year journey is a lifetime in itself. The blog is so beautifully written that I feel like a member of your family. We’ve all been adopted by you. So see there’s really very little for me to say other than thank you for inviting me into your lives and hearts to experience your daily joys, concerns, fears, etc. It’s a privilege to be a here with you, even if you hardly know me, until now.

And the last thing is, do I really want everyone you know reading my comments? Not really. But I can’t find your address, so I’m going for it.

OK - so I’m signing off, for now. See you later.

Anonymous said...

HI SHARI AND CURT AS I SIT HERE AFTER WORK .ITS 420AM IM SPEACHLESS IHAVE READ YOUR BLOG ITS WONDERFUL. I SIT HERE WITH TEARS IN MY EYES I CAN BARELY SEE TO WRITE. THIS IS TRULY COMING FROM MY HEART. I FEEL LIKE IVE KNOWN YOU FOREVER.......................................... WOW IDID NOT DO THAT BUT ILL LEAVE IT ANYWAY. YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE TOUCHED ME IN AWAY THAT I CANT EXPLAIN. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND THERES NOT A DAY THAT GOES BY I DONT THINK ABOUT YOU.LOVE AND BLESS YOU ALL JANET

Anonymous said...

320AM IM SPEACHLESS IHAVE READ YOUR BLOG ITS WONDERFUL. I SIT HERE WITH TEARS IN MY EYES I CAN BARELY SEE TO WRITE. THIS IS TRULY COMING FROM MY HEART. I FEEL LIKE IVE KNOWN YOU FOREVER.......................................... WOW IDID NOT DO THAT BUT ILL LEAVE IT ANYWAY. YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE TOUCHED ME IN AWAY THAT I CANT EXPLAIN. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND THERES NOT A DAY THAT GOES BY I DONT THINK ABOUT YOU.LOVE AND BLESS YOU ALL JANET