Monday, March 24, 2008

3 weeks later...........

Hi Family and Friends! I hope you all Celebrated and had a wonderful Easter, we did. It has been 3 weeks now that Curt left us and the heaviness is setting in. Brittany and I went to Palm Springs for a week right after the memorial and slept most of the time. Brett and Tammy went home to Las Vegas, where they live now. We are trying to take one day at a time and one foot in front of the other. Brittany and I are stopped everywhere we go.....someone heard our story, newspaper articles, friends of friends heard about Curt and took lessons from him, ....... today I was in the bank with my baseball hat and sunglasses on and the teller recognized me......she was at the memorial and touched in a very deep way and loved the memorial. She told me she had never gone to such a celebration as Curt's. I didn't even know her but Curt did! Curt has impacted so many lives all over this country.....and Brittany and I were sharing this morning, he was just "Dad".... but....a very famous dad......a dad with a Very Big Heart! We feel so blessed by all the cards coming in daily and the flowers, and the donations to FCA.....thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is a new chapter of our life that is very unknown to us and we are waiting for God to direct us in the plan He has planned out for us. In the meantime we are Making the Day Count in the little things God places in front of us. We love you All and the support you have shown us is overwhelming, thank you! God bless and Make Today Count!! Love, Shari

2 comments:

Cyndee said...

Dear Shari,
Thank you for letting us know how your family is fairing. Devin and I speak of you and pray for you. Devin was looking at the program from Curts memorial service the other night and finally cried, he misses Curt so much.We were so lucky to have been impacted by Curt. Please take care of yourselves, our chalkboard in the kitchen now reads.
Make every day count. c.c.
Love, Cyndee McDaniel

Anonymous said...

God bless you and the family Shari. I couldn't make it to the service as I was at my sons field trip. I was hoping to meet you then. I know our paths will cross. You and your family are alway in my prayers!
Love you,
Donti Burgner