Hi Family and Friends!! There is a Celebration going on in heaven today......Curt is with his Lord and Savior. What a Champ......he finished well! His evening nurse came in at 12:00 midnight last night, and my dad was setting up our TV so he could have something to watch when time aloud. Well, when my dad turned on the TV, the volume was so loud that it sounded like an explosion from upstairs. I woke up and ran downstairs to see what was going on...... it was just the TV! I'm now wide awake....so I spent some time alone with Curt and his nurse. Brittany and my parents went to bed. His nurse looked at me and said this is it...it is soon. I was holding his hand and kissed him as he took his last breath shortly after, at 1:25am. Everyone was upstairs and asleep. I was by his side just like Curt would want it to be....quiet and alone. I was reading Curt's journal this morning and having a cup of coffee, I felt I should share his entry on January 20th.........Lord, thank you for your clear instruction. May I continue to fight the good fight, may I finish the race, and may I keep the faith. Now there is a crown of righteousness which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. Thank you Jesus for your instruction. In Jesus Name. His entry on January 23......Thank you Jesus for all of your Love, generosity, and kindness. May I return the favor to you. May I serve you today. In Jesus Name. WOW....what an awesome heart!! Lets not remember the way Curt died but how he lived his life.....a man after God's own heart. We have planned his memorial and the date has been set.
Curt's Celebration Service
Friday March 7th at 12:00 noon
North Coast Church 1132 North Melrose Drive, Vista
Reception to Follow Mexican Food will be served! His favorite!!
*** Dress Code: Where your warmups!! That was Curt's favorite business suit!
We love you all and thank you for All your prayers and support on this amazing journey. God bless, Shari
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
27 comments:
Hi Shari,
Liz called me this morning, and of course I was devastated, but relieved as well, for all of you and for Curt.
I keep thinking how lucky we all were to have spent the evening with Curt at his dinner at the club, and how nice it was for Curt to be surrounded by so many who loved him before he died. Not many people get the chance to say goodbye that way.
The thing you said that I agree with the most is "Let's not remember the way Curt died, but how he lived." He was a special, special man Shari, and I know you know that. He touched many lives, and I feel that God always had that plan for him.
I love you sweetie. I will see you Friday. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Rochelle
Thank you Shari, Bless you Curt, Praise God!
Shari, we're still here, not going anywhere, we love you. Let us know how we can continue to support you and your family.
Peace, Cindy (Matt's mom)
Thank you Lord for giving you all the power to endure this difficult journey, and thank you for ending Curt's pain and bringing him home, and thank you for endowing the Condons with such tremendous strength to be such extraordinary emissaries for You here on earth, and for inspiring so many others in their own difficult physical, emotional or spiritual trials. We have never met you but we will be thinking of you and your family during the memorial service. At that moment we will be in El Centro for the season opener of the Blue Angels flight demonstration show seasion, with our good friend who is their commanding officer and lead pilot, and who so touched me 4 months ago when he asked whether he could fly my late Dad's WW2 POW dogtags up in the #1 jet of the delta formation during Veteran's Day weekend in the birthplace of naval aviation. I thought of my incredible, wonderful Dad as the 6 planes streaked upward toward Heaven, and now I'll be thinking of Curt in the same way at about 2pm on Saturday. "Even youths grow tired and weary,and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Please Lord, renew the Condon family physically, emotionally and spiritually, let their hearts soar on wings like eagles during Saturday's Celebration of Curt's Life, basking in such magnificent memories of a race well run, so many hearts touched, so many souls enriched. Aaaaaaaaaamen!!
God Bless You and the Family....The Angels are singing!
You are such a beautiful woman who has taught me so very much through all of this! You love him so well.
I love you and wish you all the best,
Donti Burgner
Thank you Shari. I love you all very much, please let me know if or how I can help. I can't believe Curt is with God. So lucky!!! I know he's smiling down on us. I love you Curt.
Matt
Shari -
So sorry for your loss; we thank you so much for your courage, for sharing your and Curt's life with us these past months. You've made us all remember the important things. We will miss his warmth and humanity. Peace be with you.
Tom & Patty Rosales
Curt, buddy, I will miss you but I will see you soon. Time goes by very fast. Shari, thank you for sharing the journey with all of us. It meant a lot.
Jim
Shari, Brittany and Brett,
Love you all very much. Let the celebration begin! The Victory belongs to Curt.
Call for anything, anytime.
Praises to our loving Savior Jesus Christ.
Dee
We love you all and our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Katie De Costa
Shari, thank you for keeping us informed, it meant a lot to me. God bless Curt, I miss him already. :(
We've never met, I'm a friend of Curt's sister, but I have followed your journey. Thank you for sharing it with us - your family has been an incrdible inspiration. God Bless you and give you peace.
Miss you Curt, but I am so exited for what you are experiencing right now! Like one of your favorite worship songs (Shout to the Lord) says, "I sing for joy at the work of your hand, forever I will love you, forever I'll stand...NOTHING compares to the promise I have in You!" I can picture you singing that at the top of your lungs!
I will see you soon!
Shari-I shared the news with the Tri CIty Girls Tennis Team today after school. It was incredibly tough news to share with this incredible group of girls who were all touched by Curts heart. We huddled in a circle, (praise God that we can stop in the middle of campus and pray) and we prayed for you and your family and hesitantly praised God that Curt's battle is finally over. They are trying to tske this one in just as we all are. There is an entire community at Tri City School that will all help eachother through this. Curt will always hold a special place in hearts of these girls. Thank you for sharing him with us. So -- on behalf of the team, may God hold you close and know that you are in our prayers.
Love Mindy Shipley and the TCCS Tennis Team
An ode to Curt Condon
Tennis brought us together,
And a tumor tore us apart. I’ll remember you forever,
You brought joy to my heart.
You made me stronger,
In tennis and in life.
I wish you could have stayed longer,
As does your wife.
I never wanted you to leave
I wish you were still here teaching me.
If there’s one thing that you’ve taught me it’s to believe.
You're in God's hands now, and all I want for you is to be free.
From: Niki Fletcher
An ode to Curt Condon
Tennis brought us together,
And a tumor tore us apart. I’ll remember you forever,
You brought joy to my heart.
You made me stronger,
In tennis and in life.
I wish you could have stayed longer,
As does your wife.
I never wanted you to leave
I wish you were still here teaching me.
If there’s one thing that you’ve taught me it’s to believe.
You're in God's hands now, and all I want for you is to be free.
From: Niki Fletcher
Condon Family,
I am both sad and relieved at the news. Sad in that he is no longer walking amongst us, and relieved in that the pain is now gone. Although Curt and I differed philosophically, we both lived in the moment, and strove to make every day count. I always enjoyed his company and our discussions during and after tennis lessons. I will miss him always.
Art
Shari,
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you, Brittney and Brett. Curt is celebrating in heaven.
Bill & Debbie Halpin
I have never seen such a massive display of support. People were literally lined-up at the front door. Waiting to offer their love and support to Curt and to his family. It was my honor to care for him in his final days.
I knew Curt from high school, I was a friend of his sister, Chris. Thank you for sharing his strength and yours through your blog. Blessings to you all, and my deepest sympathy for your loss. You have shown all of us true courage and faith.
The celebration of Curt's life will continue to live on in our lives. He has touched us by his loving, caring example. He reached out through faith, love, humor, and compassion. This legacy continues on through his family--through Shari, his kids, sisters, parents, extended family, and friends. We are sad to see Curt leave this world, though his journey to God's kingdom is complete--and by this we are full of joy and hope. Shari, Brittany, and Brett, we are here to grieve and to celebrate with you. Thank you for your incredible example of faith, hope, and love--this has an everlasting impact on my family. What an inspiration to trust in God's plan.
We love you,
Dave, Meg, & Emery
I learned about Curt at a BMOINC event and shared what I learned with my wife. What courage and love,so amazing. Our prayers and thoughts are with you Shari and family.
God Bless you,
Tom & Heather Bezanson
Shari, Brett and Brittany: I'm so sorry to hear the news about Curt. My wife is from Carlsbad and her parents are members at El Camino. Whenever our family would come down to visit her family, I'd go hit with Curt at the club. My friendship and experience with him were limited to the tennis courts. I was a baseball player and currently coach kids. We'd talk endlessly about the similarities between hitting a tennis ball, coaching tennis and baseball. He was a great guy and will be sorely missed.
Take care,
Sean Venezia
Danville, California
Dear Shari,
Thank you for sharing Curts journey with us. Because we knew Curt, we can understand why God would want Curt with Him in heaven, Curt was a special man and we will always miss him. God Bless you and your family for you are very special too.
Love, Cyndee and Devin McDaniel
Shari and family,
Sending my sympathy on the loss of your wonderful, loving, God inspired husband and father, Curt.
SAFELY HOME
I am home in Heaven, dear ones:
Oh, so happy and so bright!
There is perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light.
All the pain and grief is over,
Every restless tossing passed:
I am now at peace forever,
Safely home in Heaven at last.
Did you wonder I so calmly
Trod the valley of the shade?
Oh! But Jesus’ love illumined
Every dark and fearful glade.
And He came himself to meet me
In that way so hard to tread:
And with Jesus’ arm to lean on,
Could I have one doubt or dread?
Then you must not grieve so sorely,
For I love you dearly still:
Try to look beyond earth’s shadows,
Pray to trust our Father’s Will.
There is work still waiting for you,
So you must not idly stand;
Do it now, while life remaineth-
You shall rest in Jesus’ land.
When that work is all completed,
He will gently call you Home;
Oh, the rapture of that meeting,
Oh, the joy to see you come!
Amen.
God bless you all,
Winona (Devin's 'Grandma Win')
Uncle Curt,
We are so sad that you are not on this Earth anymore with us, we miss you already.
Adam and I know you are in a much better place and are glad you are not hurting anymore. We pray for you and Aunt Shari everyday at school. I hope you like heaven and are smiling down on us. We know you are!
We all love you very much,
Grant, Adam , Mom & Dad
I felt compelled to write as Curt has been on my mind all day. My mother has kept me in the loop of Curt's illness over the years and of his passing. When I was a child Curt and Laura taught me Tennis at Vista Tennis Club. I just wanted you to know that even across the miles, he is impacting people that he knew recently and people from many years ago. Now as a mother with 4 young children of my own, I will try to remember to "make the day count." Thank you to Curt for helping me to keep things in perspective. In his honor I wil remember that saying.
HI, Shari,
Just founded the the news.
you know I appreciate you a lot and pray for you and your family everyday. May the peace and comfort of the Lord be with you all.
Victoria
Post a Comment