Curt's Celebration Service
Friday March 7th at 12:00 noon
North Coast Church 1132 North Melrose Drive, Vista
Reception to Follow Mexican Food will be served! His favorite!!
*** Dress Code: Where your warmups!! That was Curt's favorite business suit!
If you would like to help with the reception, please call North Coast Church for more information: (760)724-6700
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to.
The address is: Fellowship of Christian Athletes or FCA, Curt Condon Memorial Camp Fund
PO Box 2196
Vista, Ca 92085-2196
Thank you all for your love, support, and prayers! We feel it!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Dear Shari,
I am so encouraged by your amazing strength which I know is due to God's amazing grace. Thank you for shining for Jesus through this tremendous trial and for showing/reminding us how important it is to keep our eyes on Jesus and not on the storm that surrounds us. Because of all that is taking place, I'm excited to know that God will undoubtedly be glorified in it! I wish that we could be there to celebrate Curt's life, but please know that we will be there in spirit and will continue to keep you, Brittany, and Brett in our prayers.
With much love,
The Stanfills
Werner, Susan, Katie & Emily
Shari,
I can't even begin to tell you how much your journals have meant to me. I know that you have never met me, but my name is Katy Childress and I am Nancy Mills' daughter. I met Curt maybe 4 or 5 years ago at the tennis club, and have gotten to see him 1 or 2 times each year until this past summer. He has always been such an inspiration to me, in the way he boldly talked about the Lord and in the way he was intentional with asking me how my life in college was going. I was really torn up about his condition and his prognosis over the past year, but reading your journal has inspired me more than I could have ever imagined. It's encouraging to see that death and the promise of Heaven can be a celebration. Even though I do have a strong faith in the promises of Christ, death has been something that I have feared for people I love, but after experiencing this with your family I have a renewed faith. Thank you so much for the example you have set for me. I look forward to meeting you someday when I come to visit my mom. My prayers are with you during this time and I hope you can see the impact you are making on people you've never met. Please take care.
"May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you His favor and give you His peace."
-Numbers 6:24-26
Dear Shari,
Thank you for keeping up up to date on this blog. You've truly been an inspiration by sharing your lives and what Jesus means to you.
I am sorry that I was unable to attend Curt's Celebration of Life Service. I'm sure it was a very special tribute for a very outstanding servant of our Lord.
May the continued Peace of Christ be with you and all your family.
Blessings and love,
Marlowe B.
San Diego
Shari,
There were 5 of us together in the desert on Friday to play for our team. We were all very sad that we were not at the funeral. But we knew that Curt would understand. So, before we played, we all stood together and said "Curt, this is for you". Not so amazingly, we took all four matches. And, when we were done, we thanked God AND Curt. We all definitely felt that he was a part of it. I just thought that you might want to know that Curt is not gone from our souls and our memories, only from this earth. I'm sure that you already know this but I just wanted to share something special with you. If there is ever anything that you need that I may be able to help with, please let me know. God Bless you.
Marilyn Bartholomew
Thinking of Curt and his Condons during Easter. Going to the sunrise service in Oceanside by the pier. I will renew my efforts to make every day count. In that movie "Dances with Wolves" at the end of the movie Kevin Costner rides off from the tribe with his wife and the lone Indian on horseback, up on the edge of the cliff, yells sorrowfully down "Can't you see that you will always be my friend?" Curt is Kevin Costner and I am the Indian. God bless.
Post a Comment