Monday, April 7, 2008

Make Every Day Count................

Hi Family and Friends!! Brittany and I just got back from one of our short trips away. We were in Las Vegas last weekend to see Brett and my girlfriend of 40 years....she just lost her dad last week. It was a weekend of sleep, friendship, dinners out ( no cooking!!) and time with my kids. Brittany and I had dinner with Brett and Tammy the first night and my heart was so heavy to see my son so heavy at heart and no smiles on his face. I'm so sad to see him so sad. He has such a load on his plate right now. A week before Curt died, Brett told me he was going to be a dad....".What"...... and I was going to be a grandma......"What"... how could this be!!!!! Life sometimes comes in barrel loads!!!! Well...... I have many choices....but what is the right one to take....the one Jesus has ordered for me....He has called me to Love and to Trust him...so that is what I'm going to do....because,.... I,... (my flesh ) can't make this out. God does not make mistakes and He will provide what we need to get through this......but Help me Lord!!!! What a journey I'm on....but my hope and strength is in God and I know He will deliver what the kids and I need to carry on. Many of you have sent cards and emails and I have to tell you....Brittany and I are amazingly well,...... due to our doctor who does herbs, minerals, and holistic vitamins. We feel like "New" women now! We are missing Curt a lot but can get through our day with Joy again...praise God! Thank you for All your cards and emails...they help a lot! We are so thankful for All of you and for sharing this journey with us. We'll stay in touch......that book....... is in the makings......"Make Every Day Count" Love and God bless, Shari

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Shari, we miss Curt too, but I knw it's been a lot harder for the Condons, esp. Brett who was so close to his Dad. I was looking at one of my daughter Rebeka's first tennis logbooks and the first entry she ever made was in 2005, "lesson with Curt." I am constantly reminded of Curt. Rebeka was talking with one of her tennis friends and I overheard her saying she is keeping one of the racquets Curt strung for her and she doesn't want to ever re-string it. Good thing she has 4 racquets. Curt will always be loved and missed. God bless, Greg.

Anonymous said...

Shari, You are Amazing! Your faith and trust in God through this difficult time is a testimony for all of us to learn by. My prayers are with you and your kids. May God continue to keep you strong.
God bless!

Anonymous said...

Shari, You continue to Shine girl!!! I'm one of yours and Curt's "Fan club members" from Duke......your strength speaks load and clear to all of us. You are one Amazing woman, we knew that when we met you! God is using you to speak to all of us and the world and I hope everyone is listening. You girl, have something to share with all of us, and a story people need to hear. Curt could never say enough about his love, his bride of 27 years. I hope you are getting the testimonies and stories of how much he loved you. We here at Duke are lifting you up in prayer and know God has Amazing things in store for you. I hope Curt's family and yours are supporting you in a loving way that would honor God and would help you in this new journey of life.
Know that God Loves Shari and we do too!!!!
God bless, The Duke Team

Anonymous said...

Sheri,
God sure works in mysterious ways……
Ya’ll have been on my mind A LOT the last couple of days, each time you popped into my mind, I have not been close to a computer. Finally, last night, I read your latest posting. Now I understand the strong urge to check up on ya’ll. First, I should say that am happy to hear that you and Brittany are doing well and that you have been able to spend time w/ Brett and Tammy…… AND (here goes) Congratulations on the news of your first grandchild!!!!! ~~~~(you’ll thank me for this later)
With all that you have been/are going through the news of the new baby may seem untimely and overwhelming, but Sheri, you HAVE made the right choice to love & trust the Lord on this one.
God does NOT make mistakes, He makes BLESSINGS!!!
I know this first hand. Being raised a Condon with high standards, morals, and expectations I found myself in a situation. Overnight my life changed dramatically. I knew God would help me through this, and that I (we) would be ok. Life as a single mother was hard at times, but God does provide! and we have had a nice life.
My “Blessing” turns 19 y/o next week. I can’t even imagine how my life would have turned out without her. Thank you Lord for giving her to me!!!!
You may not understand right now, but God DOES know what He is doing, He is giving your son a Blessing and they will be OK.
Love to all of you!
Suzanne (Uncle Tom’s Daughter)

Anonymous said...

Hey MOM! This blog doesnt make me happy at all. To let everyone know, i am VERY happy with my life out in vegas With Tammy. The reason i wasnt smiling was that my mom came out to vegas to see her friend. I was just second. I cant wait to give the love to my child that my awsome dad gave to me! Im sooo excited to be a dad! My dad has set the standard on how to be a great dad. So mom, i love you but im not happy with you making my future wife and your furture daughter inlaw look like a bad person. Please dont look to the negitive in situations, but look to the positive. Like dad said, MAKE THE DAY COUNT! BE POSITIVE.
Love you mom
Brett

Anonymous said...

I continue to follow this blog even though I only knew Curt ever so briefly, almost 3 decades ago... we continue to send prayers for you all .. glad to see that everyone in the family is carving out the next chapter together, charting this new course you're all on, reassuring each other of their love and strength and intent to get through this and continue to be whole and happy with God's help and direction. And I marvel at the symmetry of it all.. of Curt's noble spirit moving on to Heaven just as this new one enters stage left. Miraculous, really. May God bless this pregnancy and ensure that this precious child is healthy and happy. Will he or she have just a little bit of Curt's smile? The twinkle in his eye? His sense of humor? Who knows!! But one thing's for sure -- few other babies will have such an extraordinary circle of family and friends, battle-tested and prepared for anything and fighting God's good fight one day at a time.