Hi Family and Friends! Just a quick update.......Curt was suppose to start his chemo last Thursday but we got a call from Duke Thursday morning and found out his platelets were low. He had his blood work on Wednesday and it was faxed to Duke......his platelet level is suppose to be at 100,000 or above and his reading was 55,000. Way to low to start chemo!! So.......I asked what could we do to help his platelet count rise...... we have to wait it out! Curt was soooooo bummed!! So.....I got a great idea, Get Him Out Of Town!!!!! Laura and I planned a weekend away to Palm Springs! He went to his Better Mens breakfast Saturday morning and while he was away, I packed, got gas and a car wash and was ready by the time he came home! I told him I was taking him on a surprise weekend away! That brought a HUGE SMILE to his face!! Here we are in beautiful Palm Springs, 79 degrees and SUNNY!!!!!! Relaxation is what Doctor Shari Ordered!!!! He just needed a little TLC!!!!!! I'll let you know if it worked!
Love to you All! Shari
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment