Monday, April 9, 2007

News from North Carolina...........

Hi Ya'll!! We arrived safely but we didn't check the traveling conditions for the weekend! What were we thinking...... we got to the San Diego airport in plenty of time and lines were everywhere.....what's up??? We thought the computers were down or something! Wrong!!!! It was Spring Break!! We totally skipped out...... we don't even know what season it is right now! Ha!! Anyway, we had a great relaxing weekend and Monday treatments went well. Curt saw his nurse and she asked several questions just to see where he's at. He also had blood work done to check all his levels. I shared some of the things I'm noticing as well. His strength has been down along with fatigue and anxiety. That is normal with all the meds he's on. She does want him to start working out and build up his body again so he can fight this tumor off! She told him the stronger he is, the better he will endure all the treatments. So we went to the gym at the hotel and we worked out for about 45 minutes this afternoon. Yeah.....Donnie look out!!!! I'm going to help my Man to looking Strong again!!!!! He also got his vaccine today and we tried something different.....instead of putting his warmup pants on right after getting the vaccine, he waited for several hours. We think the heat may have caused him to react in such a way that the vaccine couldn't breath. So far the area where the 4 shots were given is just slightly red. Yeah!! If you remember, last vaccine turned into a monster looking sore! The doctors will read his new MRI tomorrow and Curt's a bit anxious this time but we know God's hand is on him and we're praying this tumor will be gone very soon!!! Keep sending your prayers, we feel each and every one of them! Love you All, Shari

1 comment:

Brother David said...

Hi Curt, My name is David Ivory. I am a friend of your friend Patrick out here in San Diego, CA. We both worship together at New Venture Christian Fellowship. He told me about your condition and ask that I pray for you. Curt my heart goes out to you and your family. I know that your situation is not easy, but I want to encourage you to stay positive and keep your faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He knows exactly what you are going through and understands completely. Know that He has you in the center of His hand. I will pray to the Lord that He gives you and your family the spirit of Joy, because it is Joy that gets us through the tough times of our life. God bless you Curt. Please, feel free to e-mail me back at divory@cox.net or david.ivory@navy.mil. I would like to know how you are doing. Take care and keep in touch.

In Him (Jesus) we live

David