Tuesday, April 3, 2007

strength for the day..........

Hi Ya'll! Life can come in all shapes, sizes, and speeds! My family is believing my speeds should be challenged a bit! Curt is beginning to feel a little better and has been going to work, and sneaking out of the house, shhhhh.....without me knowing. I hunt him down...... and find out....he drove!!!! There is No stopping this man! I think he's getting a little bored around the house, don't tell him I told you! That determination is what's going to help him get well! If any of you men would like to "hang out" with Curt sometime....I'm taking reservations!! Yesterday Curt's mom and dad brought up a few meals for us from them and a few family friends. Thank you So Much!! Meals help us out soooooo much! I don't know where our days fly off to but when a family member has an illness such as Curt's your life changes shapes and sizes oh and speeds!! Curt's sister was over yesterday with her kids and brought our computer back, now working, and she shook her head several times in amazement......she said "I can't believe how crazy it is in here today" the phone was ringing off the hook, Curt's parents were here, a fix it man was talking to me, Brittant was talking to someone.........Tommy, Laura's son, was also trying to show me a few things on the computer and Curt didn't know where to sit to relax!! Just another wild day in the Condon home!!! Just know, Bon Bons aren't eatin' in this house!! Do you ever have days like that or is it only at our home??? Our home has always been pretty full of excitement but now it seems to be at a higher speed!! Did I mention a Higher Speed? Today my parents came up and brought clean clothes that they washed for us and also brought breakfast and lunch items along with taking a few more loads of laundry with them. We are soooooo blessed to have this help. The rest of this week brings perscriptions filled, a MRI burned on a CD, which we hand deliver to the doctors at Duke, lining up everything for our 6 days in North Carolina, and delivering Mary Kay products to many of our customers. I was talking with a girlfriend today and she shared this with me; God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way. Isn't that great? God is so good and He's the only one who can get us through this. Thank you all who have taken the time to share an encouraging word or email or ALL the acts of kindness that are being done, we so appreciate them all. Have a great rest of the week! I'll try to fill you in back at Duke! God Bless, Shari

No comments: