Friday, May 25, 2007

low platelets continue...........

Hi! Our ride continues..... I was getting a little nervous this morning when I hadn't talked to Curt's nurse yet.....I knew we were closing in on Memorial Day weekend and I was afraid the Duke staff might go home early. Curt's sister and I were on the phone calling several people and trying to find out about Curt's platelet count.... it was several hours before getting the results but we got them. His count is still too low to start his next round of chem, 87,000. But.. he's on the rise, 100,000 or above is the goal. I'm learning when the counts are dropping Curt's voice becomes deep and weak and his eyes look very tired. He was sooooo trying to fool me and tell me he's back... last night..... I told him, "look buddy....nice try but your voice is way too deep and you look like you need a nap!" He's trying!!!! Can't fool a Mom/Wife!!!! So... we need to wait this out ......more blood work on Tuesday and maybe chemo starting on Wednesday. This means our next trip to Duke will be pushed back another week which is such a bummer! When you think you can't handle anything more.....guess what...you're given just a little bit more....and the ride contiues!!! Continue to pray for our family for strength and endurance, please. I hope you ALL have a Great Memorial Day Weekend and I'll let you know how Curt is doing along the way! God Bless, Shari

2 comments:

Debbi said...

Hi Shari, I am following Curt's progress and continue to pray for higher results with his blood count. I'm glad to hear he's on the rise...Bretts hangin in there but seems a little more tired today. Ill call you soon, and again dont ever hesitate to call me either. P.S. couldnt sleep well last night so I got up and ended up in the boys room (they were at friends for the night)going thru junk to get rid of, as I want to re-do their rooms. I was thinkin about ya & wondering if you were awake also. Brett woke up and he's like..."what are you doin its 1:30 in the mornin". I'm like "Oh just re-modelin the room, K!" He thinik's I'm a little crazy..(hes right...hee hee.Talk to ya soon. Deb

GrampaB said...

Hi Shari. I'm Debbi's dad. I would like to send you an e-mail, if I could get your e-mail address (the one Debbi gave me didn't work). Thanks, Bruce. Mine is broe777@yahoo.com.