Monday, May 28, 2007
a broken sprinklerhead.........
Hi Ya'll!! Hope you all had a blessed weekend. We sure did! I had a wedding to do, makeup and hair for a bride, 2 bridesmaids and the mom on Sunday... it was fun...it was held on Harbor Island at 10:00am!! So my day started at 4:00am!! Curt and Brett ran a Memorial Day Mixer at the club. Brittany worked all day at David's Bridal. I would love to share a story with you....... I ran to Vons for a few things around 6:30pm this evening and I was in line waiting my turn and the lady ahead of me was complaining of her day.... she had to spend the whole day trying to fix a broken sprinklerhead in the sun!!!! The checker was a very thin, pretty lady but looked weathered and just listened to this lady complaining. I mentioned to the lady ...isn't it amazing when we need something fixed...somehow we can get it done! The lady left...and I began to talk with the checker....she loved my comment and I shared with her that cancer has entered my home and I would love my problems to be just a broken sprinkler!!!!! She began to share with me that she is an 8 year ovarian cancer survivor. She has had 26 surgeries and last month she weighed 63 pounds and was in a coma.. She now weighs about 100 pounds and looks amazingly well. She told me I'm here today by God's Grace and I'm sitting here with 200 stitches from my last surgery that was 2 weeks ago but I'm working because I need to keep my insurance going......we would love just a broken sprinklerhead!!!! The checker closed down her register and said, " do you have time to walk me to my car...I want to give you something...." she started a Line of hats and T's called, "Cancer Sucks" I'm sure you've seen it in the Vons and I've seen it in Hallmark. What an Amazing story. She gave me a visor for Curt and she put Curt on her prayer chain. We hugged and shared how God is our strength and He's holding our hand through this difficult time of our lives. Unless you have cancer in your home you really don't understand how difficult life is and how rough some days can be and how dependent we are on God. Life has changed forever in our home and it is difficult on all 4 of us. I know God's plan is perfect and I just have to trust Him and believe. Curt is looking a little better but I'm not sure his platelets are high enough yet...he still looks tired to me...we'll get his blood work done again tomorrow and see! We love all your cards and encouragements via email...thank you!!! We love you all and I'll let you know how the platelet count is going. Love you, Shari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment