Hi!! We're home.....11 hours to get home from NC on Friday!! It took us 2 days to catch up on sleep. I got a call this morning from Duke and Curt's platelet count is dropping, he's at 65,000 right now. Please pray they don't drop any more! He won't be able to start chemo as scheduled until they go back up. Last month the platelet count stopped at 50,000 and then turned around. Lets hope they stop now and go back up today!!!!!! He has more blood work scheduled for Thursday to check the counts. Yesterday I met with a lady who is the wife of another glioblastoma tumor patient. Her husband was operated on 2 weeks ago. I'm only 7 months ahead of her on my own journey with my husband but we could share our experiences and I tried to comfort her in the new role we have as wives. It was a blessing to meet with her and we plan on meeting weekly to hold each others hand through this walk. My strength comes from God and I'm believing in his promises. I will let you know how Curt is doing when I get the results. As far as what I see....his energy is down, he's tired, and a bit anxious.....part of low platelets!!
God is able to turn this around and that's what we'll pray for. Love to you all, Shari
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Shari and Curt,
I haven't met you but know of you from the lady you are speaking about in this blog. She is a dear friend of mine. I also know Jackie Dee. I believe God put you all together. I have added you and your family to my prayers. Thank you, you have given me strength and insight! Keep it up! God is holding you and your family close to him!
May someday our paths cross! Until then keep the faith.
Sunshine & Smiles,
Donti
Post a Comment