Hi Everyone! I woke up at 2:00am and heard the rain and decided to go downstairs, make some coffee and get a few things done. This is a good time to check my emails and post a new update on the blog......so here we go.....we met with Dr. Maung, Curt's nuero doctor, and he felt the twitching in his shoulder was an isolated seizure in a muscle group. This happens sometimes when you have a left frontal lobe tumor. So the doctor increased Curt's seizure medicine to 400mgs instead of 300mgs. He also felt that 2 more chemo treatments should be done before a new MRI. As far as the sharp pains Curt is getting in his chest....he wasn't sure...but we're going to watch it....to see if it continues with this 100mg increase. Yesterday Curt had his Avastin and Chemo treatment....I had him try something different to see if maybe he wouldn't get as sick ....I had him eat something and take a compozine 1 hour before his treatment. It helped but not enough......his stomach began cramping and he got real tired by 6:30pm. I went to the store for a couple of things and he was already in bed asleep when I got home. Such a bummer!!! I'm praying for rain today....so maybe we don't have to go to the tennis club to get the coffee out for the members....pray for rain so Curt can rest all weekend!! We're looking for new employees to work the shop...reliable ones...until then Curt goes in and opens up for a few hours and then goes home to rest. Hope you all have a cozy weekend.....I think I'm going to rent some movies for Curt and I and get the warm blankets out. Normally he sleeps a bunch and lays around after chemo....so bring on the rain!!!
Talk with you soon! Love, Shari
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi Curt and Shari,
Just checking in to see how Curt is feeling today after chemo. I'm praying for you both!
Love you guys, T
try zofran instead of compezine, if possible...and ahead of the nausea, since it's hard to beat the nausea after it's already started...right in the IV ahead of the chemo drugs...and then in pill form as prescribed.
Thankyou anonymous! Curt has tried zofran but had better results with compezine. They are putting zofran in his IV also! Thankyou again for your concern and help...we appreciate any advise to help him through this! Shari
My Dearest Shari,
You are such a great example of a Godly wife....you are doing so good through all this! I'm praying for you and Curt daily. You are enduring more than we all know! God Bless you!
Love, Sus
Curt and Shari, You guys are amazing! You're a great example of how our God can work through people who are willing to surrender their life and let God lead. I know this has got to be humanly difficult but nothing is too hard for our God! You are both in my prayers.
Love you guys very much, PB
Hi Curt,
I think of you often and have talked many times to Steve Holwell, asking for updates. I have just finished reading so much of your story that has been taking place over the past months. You are such a good example of what we as tennis coaches and parents try to teach our students and children to be - both as competitors and simply good people.
I have learned a lot from you in the short time I have known you.
I reflect back to March when you came to Fairbanks and spoke privately to me of the challenge that had been placed with you and how you knew, no matter what the outcome, that good would come. My opportunity to speak with you has inspired me and strengthened my faith.
I reflect on the outpouring of love that has come to you from current and past students, as well as some people you may not have known - and I realize, as you have already realized, what a great impact a caring individual - a tennis pro for example, can have on another person's life. Thank you for helping me become aware of this. It has given my chosen profession greater meaning.
I also know that what you are going through physically, mentally and emotionally is as difficult a situation as can be. I want you to know that I am thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
I would love to come up and work your shop for a weekend so you can take the weekend off. How about October 6 and 7?
God Bless You Curt and Shari,
Andy Volkert
andyvolkert@fairbanksranch.com
858-259-0676
Post a Comment