Hi everyone. Yes I'm still alive and attempting to make everyday count. I have a buddy (Kevin Klabunde) from Colorado email Gregg Failla to see if everything was ok and he assured him that everything is good. By the way, I got a chance to see the Failla's two weeks ago just before Jessica had her first tournament and she Won!! They were super excited.
I've had whole bunch of chemo treatments in the last 6 months, like 10. Most of them have been relatively easy (like I would know), but the last 2 or 3 have been a little tougher. Normally I go in on a Thursday to get my blood work done and then on Friday, go to the hospital for 3.5 to 4 hours for my chemo. Most of the time I start feeling the effects almost immediately. It lasts about 4 days and then I"m back to my normal lovable, fun loving, really really funny guy!! I just had another doctors appointment and I finally remembered to ask the question that I've been meaning to ask him, "When can I drive again?" Being the wise doctor that he is, "Curt, I believe it would best for your safety and especially all the other people on the road for you to wait just a little longer"! So, doctor, what you're saying is, NO! What a jerk to tell me that. I'm kidding.
I've been doing a bible study for the past 8 years with a buddy of mine, Donnie Dee. He has been incredibly encouraging and challenging me to make everyday count. That's exactly what I'm attempting to do. In the bible there's a scripture that says, "choose life", and again that's what I'm attempting to do with God's help. For me, to do it on my own is totally impossible.
On Sunday, I'm taking my beautiful, bodacious, scintillatingly, sexy bride to the Venetian Hotel in Lost Wages. It's Shari's 50 something B-Day! Pray for me as I attempt to bring back some of the old loving feeling. I've forgotten what that was but when it comes to me, I'll let you know. Enough of what's going on with Curt, what's going on with you all?
Thanks for letting me ramble, but I just love hearing from all of you. Email or call me when you have a chance.
Blessings to everyone,
Curt and Shari
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Boss,
I have to say that you are such an inspiration and encouragement to me, and you always have been. You have had such a huge impact on my life and everything that I do. I have never seen a person approach everything he does with such love towards others as you do. I remember when I began working with you right as I graduated from college; after you had coached me for the previous 6 years. I think I was the most fortunate person in the world to have had a chance to work with you at this particular time. I was young and clueless about life, and you were a man on fire for God (and still are). You would come over to my house at 6:30 in the morning to disciple me. At the time I didn't realize how huge this was, but now I do. You always told me, "love the people you teach. If you can do that, then you are doing God's will." What wonderful advice. I have followed this advice in everything I do...even when I feel like I have no clue what I am doing. Thanks for that Curt! I hope to re-connect with you soon. Thanks again for the priceless gifts you have given me. And most of all, thanks for your friendship and teaching me the importance of God in my life by living Him out in your life.
Love,
Dave
Post a Comment