Sunday, December 23, 2007

the master painter........

Hi Everyone! Merry Christmas!! Curt and I went to church last night and it was hard to keep a dry eye singing the Christmas songs. I sat next to Curt's sister Laura...... We both were drying our tears and wiping our noses. It is so awesome to share God's love with her and to hug and celebrate Jesus together. Curt sat next to Tommy, our nephew and Laura's son, and also Erik, a friend of ours. Erik also teaches tennis with Curt at the club. We also sat with Marie and Bob from our couples bible study. It was such an awesome message.....I loved what pastor Larry spoke on, we don't see God's full painting of our life but He does and He is the master painter of life.......We are to trust and have faith that some day the painting will be perfect and beautiful...Just like when a painter begins their painting....We don't see what the final results are until the end when the painter signs their name after completion. We have no idea what God is doing with our painting right now.....It's not real pretty and the brush strokes are a little on the dark side at times but we have to trust and obey that the painting will be a master piece and viewed by many. Our son, Brett, shared with us a few weeks ago that he has decided to move to Las Vegas with his girlfriend....and that they are moving the day after Christmas. .But 21 year olds sometimes do the darndest things and their way is right!! But just like the message last night.....we don't see the whole painting God has for Brett....right now the brush strokes aren't very pretty and we're in hopes of a beautiful painting some day. God tells us that His timing is perfect... but we are to have faith and wait. Curt and I are going to celebrate with God's help, God's goodness in our life together. I hope you all have your shopping done and packages wrapped and can sit by the fire and enjoy this beautiful time with your loved ones......I overheard Curt asking Brittany to do a little last minute shopping........oh no!!!! May you all be blessed and celebrate the reason for the season! Love, Shari

No comments: