Monday, February 4, 2008

A new chapter.........

Good Morning Family and Friends! A new chapter has opened up in our home. Hospice has been coming in often to monitor Curt along with evening caregivers. The tumor is very angry and giving Curt a real battle. His medication has been changed 3 times last week and they are working on the right combination to make him comfortable. We have noticed the power of the brain in ways you can't imagine....... Noises, too many people talking at once, too many visitors in a day.....all can stimulate his brain in a very negative angry way. We are simplifying our days in order to enjoy the time we have with Curt. Brittany and I are watching movies with him, playing cards, games, and taking short walks in the neighborhood. Life is very simple in our home right now! Brett came home this past weekend and spent some time with his dad and it was great to have him around and help us. We're finding the Joy in each day, and encouraging each other to Make the Day Count. Thank you All for your love, support, and prayers, you are giving us every day. We love you all, Shari

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated, Shari. I know it is a hard time for you all. Hang in there! xoxo, Alex Hamner and family

Anonymous said...

Your blog has become so important. Thank you so much for keeping me informed, and your faith has inspired me to renew my own faith. I pray for you and thank God for your commitment to him. Sheri, New Mexico

Anonymous said...

I wanted to know how the Golf thing went...miss u guys.

Anonymous said...

Shari,

I found yesterday (again) in my Bible (that you and Curt gave me) a verse that you wrote on Nov. 22, 2002 . . . Psalm 18:1-3. May HE continue to strengthen you, Brett, Brit; and of course and dearest Curt. My love and prayers, Liz

Anonymous said...

Our prayers and love are with you. Thank you for keeping us updated. It was wonderful to see you, and the many other people whose lives the Condon family has touched at the Curt Condon Classic. What a wonderful celebration of your life, Curt. We love you.

D, M, & E Carter

Anonymous said...

Shari, Brittney, Brett & Curt....Your greatess gift to each other is exactly what you're doing....one day at a time. May Gods love be in your hearts each and every day.....and I hope your pain, Curt, is eased, so you may have more special mements with your wife and kids. LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

Dear Shari--Thankyou for taking time to give all of us a snapshot of your days. I am sure I am not alone in wishing for a quick "fly-by" to say hi and give hugs but know it is not best for Curt. Seeing in a little window of your day,(watching movies, playing cards and taking walks,) is a precious visual for me. My prayers are with you continually throughout my day. My Love to you, Brittney, Brett, and Curt!! Mindy Shipley & Family

Anonymous said...

Curt, Shari, Brittany, and Brett,
you are family and we love you!!!!! Words cannot express the example that you have been for us Curt! We will always cherish the memories with you....times laughing and crying. We are a better couple because of you and the counsel that you freely and openly give to us every time we see you. Our hearts break when we think about what you are going through, but are quickly renewed when we think about God's promise to us all. He will never leave us...Never. We love you and you are always in our thoughts and prayers. See you soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

Curt,

I'm at a loss for words and you know that's unusual for me. I think of you often and smile when I think of the discussions and fun we have had centered around a tennis court. I fondly remember you shaking your head and smiling as a much younger Brett, wearing tennis shoes much too large for even a large man, would run around the court challenging players three times his size before scampering to a corner to avoid being hit by a tennis ball. I also remember your patience with me as I tried to learn new shots over the years. I have many such good memories and experiences. In short, Curt, and although our interactions have been centered around tennis, you have had and will continue to have a positive impact on my life that I will always treasure.

Lots of Love,

Art