Thursday, March 22, 2007
we're finally home.........
Hi Everyone!! Wow, do we have stories from this trip.... but I want to make this one short and sweet! We missed our flight to Carlsbad last night.... we left NC at 4:45pm and arrived in Pheonix at 7:05pm and we were to meet a flight to Carlsbad at 7;19pm! Well we didn't make the flight at 7:19pm!!!!!! Not Good!!!!! I had been up 24 hours and Curt about 22 hours so we were really being tested! We got a flight at 9:45pm arriving in San Diego at 10:55pm. I called Brett and had him pick us up and asked him to pleassssssse be at the curb waiting!!!!! Curt was beyond tired. I knew we had a BIG day on Thursday and really wanted him to have a good night sleep.......... plans didn't work out that way! They lost our luggage and still haven't found it yet. All can be replaced....I thought I packed the Chemo pills in the luggage but found them in my little tote! So here we are......Thursday night... I made sure the kids were home tonight and we all had dinner together and had some time of prayer before Curt started the 2 steps before he took his chemo pills. Oh, Curt's nurse also called at 3:30pm to tell me some of Curt's counts were low from yersterdays treatments and there were a few things I needed to add in his routine the next 3 days. His calcium was low and I had to add 800mg more to his already 300mg of seizure medication. Curt is in bed, the kids and I were a bit sad to see him get so sleepy so quickly ........hoping that's all he has to go through tonight. Say a little prayer for him tonight! We love you all and I will let you know how we did through the night on Friday. Good Night and God Bless, Shari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey ya'll-(that's Southern talk for you guys :)) Glad you finally made it back to CA. It sounds like it was a rough trip but I am glad you got there safe and sound. I wanted you to know what a blessing and inspiration you two are and I am thankful that our paths crossed although it was not under the most desirable of circumstances.I will keep you and your family in my prayers and hope that when you come back to NC we can get together. OK Curt I know that you think that I have an ulterior motive of taking Shari shopping but we will let you go too! I know that you can not contain your excitement. :) No honestly I will make sure you find Cracker Barrel(the Southern version of Marie Calender's) the next time you come out. I will be checking your blog to be sure you are behaving Curt and if not Shari knows how to get up with me.
Love in Christ from your favorite Apheresis Nurse,
Barbara Rigsbee
Post a Comment