Saturday, March 31, 2007

News live from the Condon home............

It's Saturday night and my date is in bed!!!! So...how about an update? This has been our toughest week ever besides the 10 days Curt was in the hospital. I tell you, chemo can be a killer! We were so excited that the 2 men we met on the last trip, going through the same program, had no trouble with the chemo of 400mg. Curt and I thought wow, we can get through this like a breeze. Boy were we wrong! He has been so sick and is trying to be a trooper. I want to thank all of you who emailed him and sent cards this week. They made a difference!! He received 30 emails and many cards. That was a reminder to him that you loved him and come on.....you can do this! Every day I got up at 4 or 5:00, made my pot of coffee, and tried to get things lined up for the day for Curt. I read most of the emails to him and left him little notes throughout the day here and there around the house just to keep his spirits up. I'm noticing he has a tough time reading and remembering so I'm helping him a little bit. Yesterday Curt wanted a deli sandwich from Vons so I'm ordering his sandwich and noticed the Paramedics next to me, I said, I know you..... he kind of looked at me, "you helped my husband back in October when he had a seizure" " "you know.......the house that was already decorated for Christmas, lights everywhere and very holiday" he told me, "we help a lot of people and I'm sorry I don't remember". But he asked how was he doing and I told him the story....well he told me his wife is studying to be a nurse back at Duke and knows the San Diego/ Raliegh,Durham flight well! He said, your husband is in good hands there, they care and know what they're doing! How awesome is that? I am talking to people everywhere I go and it always leads to a person back at Duke, a person needing a pocket of hope, or somesone who wants to share their story, or someone needing a hug. I have hugged more people through all this, people that I don't even know that have difficulty going on in their life, it feels great and I've received many hugs of encouragement too and it sure helps you get over the hump that the day sometimes brings. Hugs can be contageous and they're Free to give away!! I had my hair colored and cut last night and I took a basket of Mary Kay Spa products for women to sample and there was a darling marine girl getting her hair trimmed before going to Iraq next week. Well I was so touched by her story, she has a 2year old staying home with her ex while she's away. I asked her for her name and had her write it down on a card so I could pray for her while she's away. She wrote her whole name, her daughters and wrote thank you for praying for me, I need it. I was soooo touched that I gave her a $40.00 Spa set and let her pick out the one she loved best. She was speechless and I gave her a hug. I couldn't wait to get home and share with Curt how awesome it was to give to this young girl something special for her to enjoy along with a hug. Daily I'm being touched by someone, an email, a conversation or my little neighbor girls who call me auntie Shari and they come over to have "Girl talk" It's God's way of telling me, Keep it up Shari, Curt needs you! So I'm thanking all you who sent me emails this week, I wasn't expecting them, but they sure helped me!!! This coming week brings another MRI which we hand deliver to the doctors on our next trip, and filling perscriptions. We leave for Duke on Saturday the 6th so keep the prayers going! Well it's time to end our Saturday night date so have a great rest of your weekend and I'll talk to you soon! Love ya'll, Shari

No comments: