Sunday, March 4, 2007

words can't explain.......

Hi All!!! Hope you all had a great weekend! Curt and I had a few "God" moments this weekend that words can't explain. Curt stayed home Saturday morning to have some time with me and just be lazy and drink coffee in bed and plan our day, it was great!! Curt was going through the mail...... you know the cardboard envelopes that you mail pictures in? well there was one of those in our mail with no return address on it. Curt opened it to find a note that read, Dear Curt, Shari, Brittany,and Brett; Here is something to help you and we are trusting God for complete healing and you are in our prayers and thoughts always. Along with this amazing note was $500.00 CASH!!!!! No name, no return address....a gift to us! Curt and I were in Ahhhhh and tears in our eyes. Wow......thank you to our Very Special Secret Giver!!!! Can you believe it??? That's how we started our morning. We had a Tax appointment at 10:00am so we were out the door at 9:20. Our neighbor was getting out of his car and stopped us. He is suffering with internal bleeding and fever and doctors don't know where it is coming from. We listened to his story and then he asked Curt how he was doing and of course Curt said he's doing great! We shared our surprize we got this morning and he was blown away. He told us he would like to get together and talk with us some more about all that's going on and maybe go to dinner. This is a neighbor we hardly see ever! God is working in amazing ways in our life and all these stories continue.... not only are they touching our life but they are speaking to many people who never gave God a thought. So now we're off to Temecula for taxes.... now I have to Speedddddd it up because now we're lateeeeee!!!! I DON'T like to be Late!!!! We arrive at our appointment, I brought a Mary Kay Spa set for our Tax Man's wife, all wrapped in a pretty package....I like to give gifts and I knew she would enjoy the Romance fragrance! We meet with Dave and he has tears in his eyes, wow!! He was so touched by our whole story and proceeds to share what he has been going through the last year himself .
His father had a tumor the size of a softball in his throat. It was removed but it was cancer.
So he continues to share the stories of chemo, radiation and how his dad almost died. He told us he never really had a relationship with his dad and his dad really never respected his mom. WoW!! Well after his dad's operation and given another chance to live and seeing all people coming around and helping the family... Dave' s dad has done a 180 degree turn. Dave now has a relationship with his dad for the first time in 32 years and he says every day is a gift from God. Curt and I saw the real heart of our tax man for the first time and how gentle and caring and loving he was. Our tax appointments are normally 1 hour.... this one was 3 hours of tears and stories and praises that only God can do. When we were all done Curt was getting ready to pay and Dave said, no way... my gift to you!! Can you believe??? We walked out of there speechless. What a weekend!! Now it is Sunday night and I'm preparing for our trip to Duke on Wednesday along with our trip to Palm Springs on Friday. Suitcases are out, I have clothes out for cold weather on one side of the room and clothes for warm weather on the other side of the room. We are soooo looking forward to our week in Palm Springs, we both wish we could leave the tumor and medication home and really live it up! It will be a different vacation but we're still thankful for a bit of a break from the craziness that we've been on! So I'll leave you with this.... never under estimate the power of God, and when your eyes are open and looking around, you will see him in ways you never thought possible.
Have a Great week everyone!! We love you, Shari

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you guys!! It's amazing how you guys are being used by God! You stop and take time out for others and God blesses you for it. How awesome is that?!! Keep Shining for Him!!

Shari & Curt said...

Hi Curt and Shari! Imagine how this world would be if more people would stop with what they're doing and take time out for others like you're doing. Keep it up and maybe it will be contageous!! Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Curt and Shari,
I am at the end of my day and it is 6:05 pm sitting here in my office and remembered that I was to send my email which is earl@montanasky.net
I took a few moments to read what your Blog said (by the way this is my first blog site ever) and am just overwhelmed with how our Lord is shinning and how "Glorified" He is through your lives. Not to mention how His promises are revealed for all to see in the many ways that He has provided for you. "All Good Things" come from the Father of lights. and certainly both of you qualify in His statement. Thanks for living Matthew 5:13-16 for us all to see and aspire to!
We love all of you.
Love in Christ
Earl & Cathy
Gal6:9

Anonymous said...

Hey Curt!
Rick and I are so proud of you!
Hope you have a blast in palm Springs.
Love you more!
Lena