Tuesday, March 20, 2007
you are our most precious blessings.....
Hi Everyone!!! Are you going through Blog withdrawls???? I was in the hospital at Duke Cancer Center and was talking to Kevin Klabunde on my cell during Curt's treatments and he was telling me that everyone out here is worried and concerned............"we're going through blog withdrawls. We need to know how you all are doing." Soooo as soon as Curt was done with his treatments, I stopped at a store to get what he needed to eat for tomorrows treatments, so off we went to the hotel!!! I told Curt to sit down, set up the laptop, and I'm going at it, because it's been too long for everyone to figure out where and what we're up to!!!! We're not quite sure ....everything has been going sooooooo fast the last 4 weeks that we're trying to stay up.....but here it is......last trip to North Carolina Curt got his vaccine and ohhhh my goshhhh!!!! He had a huge reaction on his leg, about a 9" in diameter rash that was blistery in the center! If you remember...we were going to Palm Springs as soon as we came home from that trip. Well we went but on the way out Curt kept saying "look at it now, feel it, it's hot, now it's hard and tight" well that was relaxing!!!!! NOT!!! And this is the FIRST DAY OF VACATION!!!!!! Oh Boy, let the FUN begin!! Anyway, we called back to Duke and they said, 'a reaction like this is GOOD!" REALLY!!!! Now I know! So Palm Springs was great, we relaxed and took many naps but it was great. We went home on Friday in time to wash clothes and prepare for Duke Cancer Center on Monday. So here it is now Tuesday night...Curt is on the bed watching TV and I'm updating all our loved ones. By the way... If you read this in time, they are doing a piece on the Duke Tumor Cancer Center and the treatment Curt is getting, on the CBS News tonight, at 6:30pm. We are so impressed with these doctors and nurses. Curt also had a bump on his head that I felt needed to be checked and his nurse walked us [about a mile} down and through the hospital to the doctor to check it out before the doctor went into surgery. Can you believe it?? I've never experienced such concern or professionalism. So tomorrow Curt gets the Leaukafreeses treatment, major blood work like dialysis. It will take about 5 and half hours and then off we'll go to the airport to fly home! Thursday night Curt will be taking his first dose of 400mg of chemo and we would love for you all to pray for him! Pray that God's hands continue to hold him and keep him strong through this. We love you all!! God Bless, Shari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment