Hi Ya'll!!! Boy do I have a story for you...........after Curt and I recieved the info from his nurse and then confirmed by the doctor.....that by the still, frozen, pictures from the catscan, MRI, and petscan...they're pretty confident that the tumor is re-growing......soooo... Curt and I had some time last night to talk about the news....time to pray together, and to regroup and talk about our next steps to take. We won't get the pathology report for about 5 working days......soooo, I left the hospital at 8:00pm and went to the Washington Duke Inn. My plan was to go to bed early and get a good night sleep and up early to pick Curt up. I warned many nurses to watch Curt closely because I wasn't sure what he would do that evening! Well....at 12:50am the hotel phone rang...I didn't get it in time so I went back to bed. At 1:10 someone was pounding on the door....I opened the door and Curt was standing there!!!!!!!!! I asked him what he was doing???? I left the hospital.....did you tell anyone??? No...I just walked out.... I told him ...that's not right...we need to call the hospital to let them know you're OK!! He said...NO lets just go to sleep! What??!!! I tried to call but they nurses station didn't answer soooo we went to sleep....at 4:00am my cell went off but missed the call so I went into the bathroom and it was Duke Hospital...Shari, I'm sorry but your husband is missing and we can't find him and think he might try to get to the hotel to be with you....can you please call us!! I called and told them he was with me and OK. They wanted him to go back and check out the right way!!! Curt wanted to sleep some more first....at 4:30am....there was pounding at the hotel door....I went to the door and it was the North Carolina Police!!!!!! "Are you Mrs. Condon??"....Yes..."is Mr Condon with you"....YES.....I told him he escaped the hotel to be with me and got a driver from the hotel service to bring him back to me...he smiled and said thank you mam!!!! Oh My Gosh!!!! There's NO stopping this MAN!!!!!! He wants to go home ....so we're heading out on Sunday and should be home early evening Sunday. We have a lot of decisions to make and plans to start making for the next steps.
Please keep the prayers coming for peace and God's direction in our choices. This was a James Bond Night!!!! The stories keep coming!!!! A little laughter is medicince to our soul! Love you all, Shari
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Curt and Shari;
Whatever you do next, I am glad you arr home where you want to be and making decisions that you want to make. I know you are on a rollercoaster ride with the news from the biopsy. Stay with Isaiah 29... I heard it from the pulpit today where Pastor Scott Turner exclaimed your favorite verse.... is that God speaking to us.. I think so. Keely was there and moved in prayer for you at his words... In Jesus name I pray for you
Curt... you go man...your fighting spirit speaks to all of us. God is moving hearts through you and Shari.
Love you both, BR
Hey Curt, It is great that you can put your priorities right. Love is a very strong emotion. Your strength is,again, amazing and I think we shall laugh at this for some time. Way to go, Lauren
Post a Comment