Monday, August 6, 2007

don't fall for the bumps in the road.........

Hi Everyone!! I've been sitting here in unbelief....not really knowing where to start to share with you! ........I took Curt to see Dr. Waltz and our appointment went very well. He gave us more information on where the tumor was growing and showed us many angles from many screens on his monitor. He suggested two options, 1- second surgery, 2- the gamma knife. The surgery would have a much longer recovery and could have side affects. The gamma knife is a form of radiation and kills whatever it is targeted after. We need to get a few records from Duke for Dr. Waltz and maybe a newer MRI. I asked Dr. Waltz, if this was his son, what would he do.... he said the gamma knife. Dr. Waltz's associate does the gamma knife...but she will be on vacation til August 29th! Not sure we want to wait that long!! Still discussing our options! Curt and I left with more peace in knowing a little bit more on the tumor and the position of it. We left the hospital at Greens in La Jolla and drove the coast home. We talked about our upcoming weekend......and Brittany's 25th birthday on Monday. We decided that it would be fun if I took Brittany for a "Fun" weekend away. Good Idea!!!! I got home and started planning....... Curt was looking forward to a relaxing weekend to himself and to ponder his options. I lined up a few drivers to take him places and All was well!! Our water heater sprung a leek so we needed to set someone up to fix it...hoping while I was away!! Found out the whole thing needed to be replaced! It leeked all the way into our office....smells like a swamp!!!! Oh Boy!!.......I also overheard Brittany talking to Brett on the phone as I was setting up our weekend.... and he was sick in bed... (hmmmm????) I continued to plan, our dinners out, body wraps, malls to hit, packed the car......and Saturday, we were off!! We stopped in Del Mar for lunch and shopped and off to the hotel. We stayed at the Town and Country ( in the Princess room) sooo cool!! "Girl Fun".....right??? Sunday I learned Brett was Very Sick and throwing up blood! Not Good!!!! Brittany and I called Curt and informed him what was going on...and knowing Brett is seeking independence...now that he is on his own....we weren't sure what to do. Curt waited for Brett to call his dad to let him know what was going on. At 9:30pm, Sunday night..... Brett pick his dad up and off to ER they went...with Tammy, his girlfriend. Brittany and I were on the edge....we ordered room service and waited.... at 1:30am Curt called us to tell us he has a bad virus and should be OK in 24 hours. Curt also informed me his tooth was hurting real bad and was taking pain killers...he was going to the dentist in the morning! He told me not to worry! He went to bed at 2:10am!!! Found out he needs a root canal...(scheduled for Tuesday!!) Brittany and I were concerned for our boys...they told us...".we're fine"...enjoy yourself!! Soooo....I'm home and not quite sure what happened these past few days!!!! My focus...?????........my family is OK, God's hand is on them and to move forward. Brittany told me in the car coming home....Geeee mom.... you're so calm....I shared with her...it's out of our control and in God's hands! I'm learning .....life can throw you off track if you let it ...but we need to refuse to fall for these bumps in the road and stay focused on the important things. Curt has a 3:00 appointment for his root canal and a decision with Dr Waltz also needs to be made today....so.... stay close.... the decision is coming!!!!
Love you all, Shari

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a beautiful family! You are all moving through so many and teaching us what life on earth is really all about. Thank you for sharing your journey so openly with so many!
Love & Light,
Donti

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari! Wow...what a weekend! God is giving you an amazing strength to persevere through these obstacles. You are showing all of us how to press through and look for the good in life...thank you!
Love you bunches, Deb B

Anonymous said...

OK Girl... what kind of vitamin are you taking to jump through these obstacles???? You are amazing!! The strength God is giving you is unbelievable! God is good All the time!!!! The journey you and Curt are on are speaking volumes to all of us! Keep seeking Him!
Love ya, LB

Anonymous said...

Curt and Shari,

You both are showing amazing strength and growth in your walk with Jesus. You are touching so many lives through this journey and we are all learning how to walk by faith and enjoy life one day at a time.

God bless you, ST