Friday, August 24, 2007
It takes an Army............
Hi Everyone! I first have to share with you....I'm in Ahh with all our friends who have come to our rescue this week.....with all the things coming at us lately...we have been a bit tired!! Curt and I feel so blessed by All your help!! I had a girlfriend bring me a Starbucks on Tuesday morning and she took my list off the refrig and went at it....she accomplished several things for me...and worked for about 3 hours! Another girlfriend drove down from Orange County and spent the day painting our office ( the flood mess is being taken care of ....now the carpet can be re-installed) she also did laundry and fixed up a dinner! My mom and dad surprised us and filled our refrig and brought dinner for that evening....we wern't even home...it was a great surprise!! Today...I'm meeting another girlfriend at Starbucks, after I drop Curt off at the club, she wants to see the "List" and she's going to call several of our friends to help with a few broken things around the house and yard maintenance. It takes an Army to help a family through cancer and all that comes with it! It's amazing how much a home can break down in 10 months when a family member has an illness. WOW!!! Donnie Dee got 5 men together and they are rotating days to mow and trim our lawn! WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! I sat down with my girlfriend yesterday and told her how much Curt and I feel loved by so many........love is an action not just a word.....and look at All the Action we have going on in our home! She was blown away with all the messages coming into our home and all the helpers coming along side us to help us press through these times when our battery is feeling low and a bit tired. I can't thankyou all enough!!!!! This is the real meaning of life on earth....helping and serving others!! When Curt came home last night and I shared with him all the help we're receiving...he shook his head with great joy and said, this is Unbelievable, ....God is blessing us with all these people in our lives!!!! Today is chemo day...please keep Curt in your prayers and may this treatment be easier to his stomach this time. Again...thankyou All for your prayers, help and hearts to serve our family! We love you, Shari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment