Wednesday, August 1, 2007
where is our focus?.......
Hi Family and Friends!! I have been so touched by all the emails and comments from the blog, thank you!!! I wanted to share something with you...... a friend sent me an incredible email yesterday, it was an interview with Rick Warren. He is the author of a book called Purpose Driven Life, many of you have read it. He has been very blessed with sells, about 15 million, and touched many lives. On the other side of his life, his wife has been struck with cancer. He shared that this life here on earth is preperation for eternity and we will have good and bad in our life at all times. This is boot camp on earth. Where is our focus? What we do with the good and bad is what counts. When we focus on the bad we feel crummy and nothing good comes out of it. When we focus on the good, it sure makes our life more enjoyable and pleasing to God. And......when we come to the end of our rope....and there will be days, we should find the hem of Jesus' garment and hang on. ( I've been there many times lately!! ) If you come across this interview save it...it's great! Curt is feeling so good right now that it's hard to believe he has cancer. He is so Amazing....he is focusing on all the good that has come out of this journey and it takes the strain off the decisions that have to be made in the next few days. God is narrowing down his options and when we wait on Him and His timing, we have peace. Together we have been focusing on our 27 years together and all the memories we've had along the way...and WOW ...we are blessed!! We are focusing on laughing more and being childlike and forgetting all our problems....just like Rick shared....focus on the good in life!! We both can't believe this terrible desease is in our life.......but the good is, we have You in our life to share this journey with. We are Blessed to have so many caring and loving friends and family. Thankyou!! We will let you know how our appointment on Friday goes. Love and enjoy Life, Shari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Mom, your awesome!!! We have been blessed! Daddy doesn't even look sick! This whole time I've been praying for a miracle..... Seeing dad NOT in pain, feeling pretty good, still joking around and still being dad is our Miracle!! God is so Good!! Thank you for being strong my whole life, seeing you has taught me how to have strength through this difficult time. I love that we are not focusing on tomorrow, and enjoying dad and having fun with him today!!! God has blessed me with a great mom!!
I love you,
Brittany
P.S. Dad your pretty great too!!! I love you!
You guys are all pretty awesome....its a pleasure to live next to you and accually see God at work in you all! You truely are an inspiration!!!!!
Love you guys.Sue and Michael
WOW!!! I just got off the phone with you Shari....you sound great and are so strong and still have that fun laugh going! I'm not sure I'd be even half as strong as you if I was in your shoes. I loved the stories you shared...keep it up! I want a copy of that book when you write it!!
Love you, give hugs to Curt, Brittany and Brett
XO, S
You are such an inspiration and have touched so many! Live, love and laugh......
Wow Shari...after reading your posts...and comments (especially the one from your daughter...It put a smile on my face and a peace in my heart. You do have a wonderful family and I'm glad you are focusing on all that you have been blessed with. I miss our coffee dates and if your up to it give me a call...if your not up to it...I totally understand. God Bless you and your wonderful family. Debbi F. P.S. We are sorta in limbo also..still trying to get info @ Ben Williams...by the way did Curt tell you we spoke for a while on the phone one day! What a great guy..I truly enjoyed my conversation with him...your both very lucky to have each other.
Your testimony in life and the Lord is just so inspiring. The journey may end before you had originally planned, but God has used both of you so much in the last year! I know that God will soon reveal what his next step is for you, but until then, every day is a blessing and a miracle! So keep on enjoying every minute of it!
Love,
Susan and Ted Vogt
Post a Comment