Thursday, February 7, 2008
Another corner turned..........
Hi Family and Friends! Another corner has been turned.......Curt is now sleeping most of the day. Hospice checked him over well on Monday afternoon and prepared me for the changes that may begin. God is continually renewing and strengthening us, just like He promises. Curt is pretty mellow when he's up and gets very frustrated and confused when searching for words. We try to distract him or change the subject so frustration is minimal. Brett and Tammy flew in on Tuesday night, so we were all together yesterday.....it was awesome!! I left the kids with Curt for a few hours and drove down to the beach and parked. I needed some time alone to process what was happening and spent a couple hours praying and talking with God......it was a beautiful time. He renewed me and gave me the tools that I needed to carry on. We are reminded by a large white board in our home that says, Make Every Day Count, and signed, Love Curt......so we continually live by that each day and it helps! Life is precious and a gift, not to be taken lightly. I will continue to give you updates when time allows me to. Keep sending the prayers and cards....they help!!! Love and God bless, Shari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I've come to believe that hospice caregivers are truly angels sent from God. There is no other reason that they would have the strength to do this on an ongoing basis. We pray that God works through your hospice caregivers, both for Curt and for you and your family. I'll never forget what ours told us, that we would never "like" what we were going through, but we would come to understand it.. we would understand what an important part of life this is, to gently and compassionately help our beloved family member through this...and he was right. It's so hard, to already be grieving the loss of the person you knew before they became ill...and then to stay by this person's side all the way through...and then to have to start the grieving process all over again. But I have never felt God's presence to intensely, never so deeply and thoroughly, as during this time. Blessings and love to you, may you continue to be showered with God's love and comfort...
Hi Curt and Shari,
Although I haven't know the two of you long (we met at Green Hospital waiting room) My heart tells me how special you both are and I am so glad that you know Jesus. I've been out of town for a few days and read your updates when I got home today. You will continue to be in my prayers with love in my heart. Marlowe B.
I pray that God continues to give you His comfort, strength, and "peace that surpasses all understanding." Thank you for the updates. You are in our daily thoughts and prayers!
Cara Sundberg
Dearest Curt, Shari, Brittany & Brett:
My heart goes out to each one of you. I have prayed for your strength and also for God's love to shine down upon you. I know that Curt is going to heaven-how lucky he gets to go before us-he will be such a great guide when we see him again and I can just see the smile when he greets us from above. I know I haven't been phyiscally there for you and your family-but please know that you all have been on my mind daily and I have been praying and praying.I think the world of all of you and thank you for the example of pure love and devotion that you have displayed.
Love and strength to all of you, Connie Kramer
hi condon's-
elysse and I are praying for you every night before we go to bed. we miss you all very much but respect the peace and quiet a visitor free house provides. we love you very much Curt and we know that God is taking good care of you and will continue too. shari, keep trusting God and hanging out with him, he will help you all the way through and it sounds like you're doing what you're supposed to and that's so great to see. the strength of your family and your faith is truly a testament to what God can do in our lives. You all are truly inspiring in your walk and I love you all very much. Talk to you soon.
Matt and Elysse Clinton
Hi Shari and Curt,
My prayer everyday for you both and your family is peace and calm. I feel so honored and blessed to be a part of your lives.
love you both, Cindy (Matty's mom)
To: Everyone connected and reading this.....with every passing day I feel, as I'm sure most of you do, this is our way as "outsiders" to stay connected to Curt. And also to hear and share with Shari & kids. This is such a tremendous personal journey for this family, but because of Curt and his forthcoming of love and faith, this is also a journey for his loved ones. I can't begin to say how strong I can feel Curts' connection with God and it really amazes me!! How can someone with soooo much life and love in him believe so strongly?? I'm just learning this...and Curt, you are the teacher. I also have such admiration for you Shari, along with Brittney & Brett. To accept and believe in letting each day be the best it can be....well....I think there is no better way to live.....thank you, from me, you're filling my heart with Gods love. I hope each and every day you feel it too. May there be special moments for all of you....everyday....lovingly thinking of you all.
Shari, You are one confident, amazing woman! I thank God that you are the woman walking this journey out with Curt. He is so blessed to have you as his wife. God knew it would take an amazing woman to endure what you both have gone through these last 15 months. I continually pray for you both and Brittany and Brett. God bless you All, TT
Post a Comment