Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Living moment to moment...........
Good Morning!! Curt just went down for a morning nap so I have a little time to give you an update. We were blessed by an amazing day on Monday...Curt had an abundance of energy after his morning nap and wanted to go to Home Depot to get flowers for our front mound. We came home and planted them together and enjoyed the sunshine. Brittany took him on a drive down to the beach and we had great dinner delivered later in the day. His energy and strength were amazing. Donnie came over and he couldn't believe how great Curt looked. We thanked God for that gift of a great day with him. Tuesday came and he looked warn out and tired.... he had turned another corner.....he was losing strength in his legs and doing very unusual and strange things off and on.....he couldn't find any words to tell us what he wanted or needed. He can't figure out the computer now so we are logging on for him and reading him his mail. Keep sending him emails...we read them to him and he smiles! Today is Wednesday.....he is losing strength in his arms and more in his legs. His legs are buckling under him and he can't support himself when leaning on his arms.....so hard to watch! Brittany and I were in the kitchen trying to figure out what he wanted to eat and he began to have a seizure and his legs tightened up and I immediately grabbed both arms to support him and it stopped the seizure. We walked him to the dining room table and sat him down....he just said to me thank you and kissed me. I walked him up the stairs...he needs help going up and down.....and now he's napping! God is carrying us through and giving us enough strength for every moment! We will continue to keep you updated when we have a moment of time. God bless you All, Shari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
Dear Curt and Shari,
After reading your message today
My daily problems seem ridiculous.Th only thing that really matters in this world is our relationship with the Lord since we will be with Him someday. I am thankful He blessed the both of you on Monday!
Love,
Scot and Rita
Dear Curt and Shari,
The flowers are beautiful! I was happy to see them in their buckets when I got home from work on Monday because I Figured you guys had probably gotten out of the house.
Sue and I love you and if you need help or anything quickly we are right next door.
Love,
Michael
God bless you all...you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.....love you all!
Cindy and Andy
Hi Curt, good job getting outside I know that sunshine feels wonderful. You are so awesome and an inspiration to everyone - especially the AA tennis gals from the club. I want you to know we talk about you all the time :) praying for you and using all the skills you have taught us over the years. Well... most of them, i must say Alex is still hitting people with her overheads :) but we quickly explain we each have no control and are sorry. You are missed at the club - remember we love you sooooo much!
Love, Jennifer and Alex
oh curtis, you are one piece of work. i love you so much buddy. sounds like you're having yourself a nice week and it's great to hear about you. i miss seeing you and i'm praying for you everyday. just so you know, i'm doing really well in school and really enjoying my new position student teaching at oceanside high. keep doing great curt, i love you bud. see ya later...
matt
Curt,
you are by far one of the greatest examples of strength and determination, mixed with compassion and love for people! Rick and I are so blessed to have had you in our lives to share some amazing moments with...My first job, Rick's discipleship and growth in the Lord, you baptizing Rick, and then you standing in front of us, officiating our marriage. We could not have asked for a better spiritual advisor than you, Curt. Your example will fill our hearts each day as we remember how you loved your family deeply, loved your friends, and above all loved the Lord Jesus with all your soul, heart, and mind. We pray for you constantly. Like Brittany said, "God will use you right up until the end"....and I think he will use your lifes example even longer than that! We are so grateful for you. We love you dearly Curt!!! We wish we could see you right now so we could give you a big hug and kiss! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Curt/Shari,
Your blog brought back many great memories I had with my father. I can still remember that special day I was fortunate to share with my dad when he was battling for his life. It is such a blessing to share those special moments during this difficult time.
I am constantly meeting new people who come up to me to ask how you are doing. I'm completing the last group of sessions for my confirmation at the Easter Vigil and I continue to pray for you and your family. You continue to touch so many lives.
Give me a call if I can help out with anything. Love you all!
Erik
Curt and Shari,
I'm back for some more hugs. It's hard, if not impossible, to replace with words what can be transmitted in a hug. So Shari, please give Curt and the rest of the family a huge hug for me. Curt, I went out on the court yesterday and couldn't stop thinking about you. I actually bent my knees, and stayed down through he shots! Ok, maybe not on all of the shots, but most of them!
Your Friend Always!
Art
Dear Curt and Shari,
Shari please tell Curt I said hello and that was think about him. Sorry I have been out of the loop. Andy just called me about about doing a tennis event for Curt. Then he told about the web site. Let me know if you guys need help with anything. Your friend always, Jim Ault
Curt and Shari,
We are all so moved by your strength!
You desired the biggest Valentine wish ever!
We think of you and pray for you daily!
George,Joan,Michelle and Carolyn
Hi Curt and Shari,
I was sitting with my 20 month old little guy Nicolas this afternoon and checked your blog for some new news about how you have been doing. I am so happy to hear you had a great day Monday. I have tried to make every day count and live moment to moment and it is a great message you are giving and living. Watching Nicolas grow so quickly and blossom as an individual is great and I do enjoy every moment of it. Time can pass so quickly - thanks for helping me enjoy every moment and see the good in it.
I am thinking about you a lot and praying for you and your family.
God Bless You,
Andy V
Hi Curt and Shari, I am glad we have had mostly beautiful weather the last couple of weeks. The sunshine makes life so much more enjoyable for all of us, but I'm sure that's especially true for Curt who has spent so much time in the sunshine. May the sun continue to shine on you both. God bless, Greg and Rebeka Bischoff
Curt and Shari,
Sending you all my love to you and your family. God has plans for us
only he knows. I take one day at a time, very slow. Bless you, Hugs and Kiss's.
Love, Nancy
Dear Curt and Shari,
You both continue to be shining example of God's love, strength and courage. You are both so special and I am so blessed that our path's crossed even so briely at Green Hospital.
You are and will continue to be in my prayers and also my Sunday School class of 100 seniors at San Diego 1st Assembly.
Love, Marlowe Brush
Dear Curt and Shari,
Learned of your blogspot from Uta and Alex H. I played at El Camino last Friday for AA league and remembered all the good times playing there, visiting with everyone and clinics with you. I hope you are having a good day today. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. If you need anything please ask.
Love,
George, Susan, Alex and Nicole Yermanos
Curt, the Dolce family sends their best to you and enjoyed reading about your day planting flowers. You will reap what you sow!
You have always been an inspiration to us and helped our girls in their formative years. They will always remember your guidance.
Love to you and the family.
Sal, Nancy, Kate, Eileen and Chris Dolce
Hello Curt & Shari,
When we read about your day, we could just imagine the two of you planting flowers and feeling the warmth of the sunshine. What a glorious day! Though all days may not be as bright, those feelings and sights are still a memory to behold. We admire your courage and strength and are thankful God gave you two to eachother. What a Blessing. It is also a wonderful blessing to have your children be so near and caring. We admire your family and want you to call us if there is anything we can help with. Anything. We continue to have you in our prayers. We love you. HUGS & MORE HUGS!
I am impressed with the love and time you have as a family. Each of us can take away some example of the love that we should all have in our families. I haven't visited lately and fell over reading about the "Great Wallmart Escape." Nothing seems to stop you, Curt. Keep fighting and enjoying life. All of us keep thinking about you and praying for you and your family.
We all saw the reaction to your being likened to the undoubtable beacon of light from the strength of a lighthouse. Your light continues Curt....
Love, Uncle Tom and Aunt Nancy
Keep on going, Curt. Just back in Iowa for two weeks with my mom who had a stroke. It does make you appreciate the Southern Cal weather when the high is minus 4. Enjoy the day, get outside, even for a walk in the rain. LOve ya,
RETT
Dear Curt, Shari and Family,
Jennifer and I sit here and read your blog and are in awe at the strength and faith of all of you. Curt buddy, your making me look bad, Jennifer has wanted me to do some planting in the backyard for months now and there you are planting away. My excuses didn't work real well.
You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Bob and Jennifer Hochstadter
Post a Comment