Monday, February 18, 2008
A Valentine's Day gift.........
Hi Everyone!! Curt is watching the Tennis channel right now so I thought I'd share an amazing day we had last week with you...... Valentine's Day was a very rough day for Curt, he was aggitated and felt lousy all day. The blessing of the day was his hospice nurse, Ann, came by to check him out and Curt felt like going upstairs to take a nap. Ann decided to go up and pray for him and then began singing, "In His time" it was so beautiful that Brittany and I began crying, it was amazing, we had chills all over. She sang another song about paradise. Ann is an opera singer and an amazing woman. She said, angels are all around him right now and watching over him. Ann is so comforting to us all and shows so much concern for Curt and our family. The next few days he began sliding and we felt time was near. Friday the hospital bed came and we put it in our office downstairs. We made the room look like it was a part of our home....we put animal print sheets on the bed and a TV up high on a table and made it nice and cozy for him. Saturday night he was up every hour....I new something was not quite right. I slept on the couch around the corner and he couldn't get comfortable. Around 2:00am he began throwing up and couldn't control it. That went on for about 2 hours. I called hospice and they immediately came to assist. His brain was not telling him he had pain, so the next sign is to get sick as a warning to all of us. We had 24 hour hospice care to get a handle on things. His meds were changed and today is a New Day! He's pretty quiet and sleeping off and on and enjoying the Bryan brothers match on the Tennis channel. God continues to watch over all of us and give us the strength to get through the day. I continue to pray God's promises for our day and He is so faithful to us! Thank you for All your prayers and comments on the blog.......they help so much! Love and God's best for your day, Shari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Hi Curt, Shari, Brittany, and Brett.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We appreciate you allowing us to be a part of your family's life through this blog, even in these difficult circumstances. Your strength, faith, and love for God are an inspiration to us, and I know Curt wouldn't have it any other way. The ripples of influence that your lives have created are farther reaching than you can imagine; it speaks volumes about what God can do. We love you!
Dave, Meg, Emery, & New Baby Carter
i love you curt. have a great day.
matt
i love you too curt, matty's momma
Curt,
There isn’t a day that goes by where I (along with numerous others) don’t think about you and your family. Some of us have gone through similar family illnesses yet the experience does not better prepare nor lessen the load of a heavy heart. In the few years that I have known you, I can only think and speak of you in the highest of terms. You are surrounded by a wonderful circle of friends and family that have great respect, admiration and love for you. As a husband, father, friend and human being you have been a success.
I want to THANK YOU (needed to shout it) for the opportunity to meet and get to know you. It has been a privilege.
We miss you at the courts more than you can imagine.
Larry B.
Curt,
It was SOOOOO good to see you today! We love you so much and pray that you are kept in good spirits and free from pain. You are in our thoughts and prayers daily.
Love,
Terri Gainor
Hi Curt and Shari,
Your hospice nurse sounds like an angel unaware. How special she sounds, and what a great blessing.
Continue to be strong and know that people love you from all over and are praying for you.
Special blessings to you from S.D.
Marlowe Brush
Thanks for all the updates! I think about you guys constantly and like to hear how curt is doing. Even though I am so far now and barely get to see you all I treasure all the great memories and fun times we had. I have so many great memories when Brittany and I were little and I know how blessed you are to have had such a great dad and Husband. You are all so special to my whole family and we love you guys so much. Give curt a big hug for me and hang in there!
love, Mandy
Hey Guys--Me, Liz.
Who would have thunk that we would be talking via a blog. Where did the word blog come from anyway? I justed wanted to say how I miss sharing scripture, life, kids, frustrations, laughter and joys with you. Kat and James say "hi". Katharine went to State for soccer--we advanced then got creamed. James just started Majors baseball and is with the Padres--he's stoked.
I knew you guys were (and are) fantastic. Your writing Shari is amazing especially when it has to be so difficult. I am truly humbled.
You know we are here when you need us--even if it is 11. Love you all and you remain in our prayers.
Curt-
The 49er flag is being carried by the SC tennis team. I think I am the only LB alumni in college tennis so I am all we have. Fight the fight and know we are with you!
Peter
Hi Curt and family, Rebeka and Michaela Johnson made it to the finals in Girls 18s Doubles this past weekend in Palm Desert. Monday I wore my Curt Condon "Make Today Count" tee-shirt. I had half a dozen people ask me about Curt. I also had to be on my best behavior as a spectator all day, as I was representing Curt! Rebeka and Michaela lost in the finals, but smiled throughout the match and were happy afterwards. Rebeka commented, "Curt used to tell us that as long as we worked on something in particular during a match, the win/loss outcome is irrelevant." Words of wisdom. God bless, Greg Bischoff
Hi Curt and family,
I am so happy that Shari sends these updates. It helps those of us who don't get to see you stay connected.You are so lucky to have a hospice nurse who sees the angels and shares it with you. Curt you are everyones inspiration, you have a fighting heart and we love you. I hope today is a good day!
Love, Cyndee McDaniel
Hi Curt,
this is Devin, I just wanted to say hi and I hope you are feeling good today. I think about you every day and miss playing tennis with you.
Love, Devin
Dear Curt,
Although I have never met you, I wanted to share with you the that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. I am a friend of Terri's and Craig's and when I heard of your failing health I contacted friends and loved ones all over to lift you and your family up in prayer.
"When the going gets touch", Curt, needs to be a phase named after you, what a fight you have made, your strength, your courage and your will are qualities that define what kind of man you are. You are a brave, powerful man of God, I know what one of your many life's purposes have been, to show others how to live life to the fullest!
I have a new hero, it is you, thank you for setting such a great example of what it means to be a great father, a loving husband, and a wonderful man of God.
May God bless you and always keep you safe.
I meant "when the going gets tough", not touch???
so sorry!
Hi Curt,
I thought I would drop in and say hi! I hope your feeling better, and, Wednesday turns out to be a great day.
Lots of Love,
Art
Hi Curt,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Megan and Michael just adore you. You have been an inspiration to us. Thank you for the privilege of knowing you and be a part of our lives.
Mark, Victoria Megan and Michael Mensalvas
Curt, Shari and family...
We love you more than we can say or show. Thank you for keeping us updated on what your prayer needs are... as we are continually praying for all you!
Susan and Ted Vogt
Hey Curt,
I just wanted to pop in and say "hey." You are constantly in our thoughts. i wanted to let you know that your strength is amazing as is that of your family. You are all so lucky to have each other! Shari, thank you for posting your daily thoughts as it really helps those of us at a distance feel closer. i cant wait to tell everyone that asks about curt about the blog--you are amazing.
Again, know that our good thoughts are with you.
Brian, Rene', Jake & Mark Nolan
ps. Jay Patterson sends his well wishes as well and i cant wait to tell him about the blog.
pps. Dave! shoot me an email. i havnt talked to you in YEARS. i miss our workouts. brian@nrgfit.com
Hi Curt and family...we hope and pray for the Lord to comfort you and give you strength and wisdom and for the Lord to bless you with peace in this tough time...no matter what ..God is good and loves you and so do we! We are praying for you... take care..Bridget and Joshua and Bonnie Youngdale
Hello Curt & Shari,
You are such a blessing to so many. I have not even met you and have learned so much from you and truly love you both. You are in my daily prayers and I know you have angels all around you!
Peace be with you,
Donti Burgner
Post a Comment