Friday, February 22, 2008
Friday morning update..........
Good Morning!! It is almost 3:00am and I just went downstairs to make a cup of tea and check on Curt. We had a real rough day yesterday and we are preparing ourselves for the moment God calls Curt home. Brett and Tammy came in last night and they will help Brittany and I for the next few days. Curt is now in bed full time with full rails on his bed. He is not eating and his swallowing reflex is beginning to shut down. He is also having some internal bleeding and clotting, they are watching it closely. He sleeps most of the time now but still knows we are there for him. I continue to go back to 2 Corinthians 1:20, where God tells us, "No matter how many promises he gives us, they are "Yes" in Christ Jesus." That verse is helping me get through! God promises, He will not leave us nor forsake us. He is the beginning and end. He will protect us. He wiil carry us when we are weak. He is All we need. My grace is enough. Amen. Those are just a few of his promises and I am claiming each one and holding on. So as bad as it is getting we are making sure Curt is NOT in pain. We had a male nurse come over last night to crush his meds and put them in a dropper, to make sure Curt got them down. He was blown away with how young he was and our family. I have shared with this nurse a few weeks ago some of our "Stories" ........he has shared the Great Hospital Escape with families, along with the Bike Ride on the 76 freeway to Home Depot ....and coming home with 2, 9' PVC pipes in his hands with a bag of sprinkler parts! He said, Curt's stories should be published to help other families in this same situation. Some day! He has another family, he is taking care of with this same tumor. He said it was awesome that we can still laugh and have joy in our home as a family. So here we are,...... Friday morning and the whole house is asleep....that is a Good thing!!. Hope you All can,.... Make the Day Count and We Will do the same!! God bless you, Shari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Shari,Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us all up to date. You guys are on my mind constantly.Your strength through all of this has been amazing. All of you are in our daily prayers and we are here for you in any way you need. Love, Linda, Randy and Marley
Thanks Shari for keeping all of us in the loop. We can't imagine the strength that it takes. Our prayers were always there and will continue to be. We know His arms are around all of you and His Angels in and around your home.
Love to you and your family,
Cindy and Bill Johnson
Shari, Brett, Tammy, and Brittany,
Jeremiah 28:11-12. Today, this was sent to me. It is my prayer for you.
May the peace of God and the
freshness of the Holy Spirit rest in your thoughts, rule in your
dreams tonight, and conquer all your fears. May God manifest himself today in ways you have never experienced. May your joys be fulfilled, your dreams be closer, and your prayers be answered. I pray that faith enters a new height for you; I pray that your territory is enlarged. I pray for peace, healing, true
and undying love for God that never waivers.
Love, Liz
Hi Curt and family, we all love you. Tri-City Christian H.S. Girls Tennis.
We love and care for your whole family so much.
It's very hard to be so close to you guys knowing there is nothing we can do.
May God hold you all close during this time. The Universe is waiting
with open arms for us all.
Bless You,
Mike and Sue
Curt, Shari, Brittany, & Brett,
We love you!
Dave, Megan, & Emery
Dear Shari,
You are an amazing woman with so much strength. Your faith is unending and it will see you through this horribly difficult time. Curt is a lucky man to have such a loving family. Thank you so much for sharing with us when you must be so tired. Our prayers are with you and your family daily, we think of you all multiple times a day.
God bless and keep you,
Love Cyndee and Devin(Curts tennis student)
I think about you everyday Curt. We all will be where you are one day. I just hope I can be as strong as you are when my time comes. You are an amazing person. I will never forget your courage in the face of your illness.
Condon Family,
We used to live in San Diego and took lessons from you both. We just learned about Curt's illness a few days ago from a friend. We are praying for you all and agree that we have never met anyone as Christ-like and selfless as Curt. We feel blessed to know him and can only hope to aspire to be like him. We continue our prayers!
Betsy Ceurvorst and Family
Dear Curt, Shari, Brittany & Brett,
May Jesus Christ continue to be the Rock upon Whom you stand. Thank you for demonstrating to all of us what true faith is by how you are handling this intense trial. I take great pleasure and satisfaction knowing that the Lord is being glorified in an amazing way in spite of Satan's attempt to destroy!
Curt - remember when we used to work together at the El Camino Country Club? Shortly after we both discovered that we were Christians, I used to say to you (re: spiritual coverage of the country club), "I have the top and you have the bottom." I used to sit at the front desk with my open Bible and read from it during the slow times. Sometimes you would pause and we would talk about what I was reading. Also, Katie and Danika have fond memories of their tennis lessons with you during their 6th grade homeschool year. You used to say to Katie, "Ka Ka Ka Katie." When asking me how Werner was doing, you would say, "And how is Verner doing?" - with somewhat of a German accent. You're a funny guy!
Thanks, to both you and Shari, for your friendship and being such great encouragers to us in ways that you may never fully realize.
Love,
Werner, Susan, Katie & Emily Stanfill
Hi Shari,
This is Garrett Ott and Julia Flickinger (aka Blondie).I don't know if you remember us, but we were Curt's students for awhile.
We have been thinking about him for a long time since he left the tennis club. Curt was an amazing coach that cannot be replaced. He helped us to love and enjoy the sport. We both have memories and new found nicknames with Curt and are praying for him and your family.
Love,
Garrett Ott
Julia Flickinger
Hi Shari--God has really showed his face through you. You nad your family, and Curt, continue to amaze me. You are so loved and I hope you feel the prayers. I pray that the Lord has his arms so tightly around all of you. Words are getting harder to come by but praying comes so natrually. We are praying all day, constantly. Much love to Curt and please give him a big hug for usm the Shipley Family and the TriCity Girls Tennis Team.
Blessing to you!!
Mindy
Shari - God bless you and your family. I can't believe what a strong woman my buddy has become. I am in awe of you - I love you all and think of you everyday.
Love,
Cindy and Andy
Curt and Shari,I'll never forget what a loving person Curt is, so kind and caring.You both make a cut couple from the time I met you.
Your one stuff cookie Shari,I'll see you soon, give a kiss to Curt for me, My prayers have been with you and your family from the start.
Love, Nancy
My Dears,
My heartfelt thoughts are only a drop in the bucket of love and caring that surround you. You all mean so very much to both me and my CA family. Thank-you for being you.
Love, Penny Egan
Shari and Curt, I have been praying and thinking of you and your family every day for well over a year...I even have dreams of you two. I have been so selfish not to write something before now because "I didn't know what to say". Well now I know that it doesn't matter "what" but just that I did. Curt, you are a wonderful child of God and soon to be rewarded for your great work here. We (Bart and kids, too) have so much respect for your tennis, your teaching, but, most of all, your faith and your witnessing of God and His precious Son. Shari, you have always been the sparkle in Curt's eye and your caring, sharing and faithfulness sure shows me why. We will continue to pray for you and your family and please know that my silence was my weakness and not that I didn't care. We love you and so does God. Marilyn and Bart Bartholomew
Hebrews 11:1
"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
Hebrews 11:38a
"the world was not worthy of them."
& Hebrews 13:6
"So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?'"
You are servants of the Lord, and never will His warriors walk alone. Curt is one of the strongest warriors I have ever met, and such a man will NEVER be alone. Our hopes and prayers accompany him and his angels.
-Sabrina Harding-
Dear Shari,
Thank you for taking time to share with all the many people who are praying for you and Curt.
We are all praying for you both, and may our Lord Jesus continue to give you renewed strength and blessing each day.
Love, Marlowe B.
Dear Shari: It has been a number of years since we have seen you and Curt, so you may not remember us. But I remember well when I took lessons from him over at the tennis club off El Cajon Blvd behind the water tower. This was around 1983. At the conclusion of every lesson, we would have a contest to see who could hit the tower. I never could; Curt often did! He was strong then and he is strong now. Always kind and good: that is what we remember the most about Curt.
Stay strong in the love of Our Savior Jesus Christ. May God Bless you and your family. We pray for Curt constantly.
Don & Maricaye Daniels
Post a Comment