Saturday, February 9, 2008

Strength and perseverance...........

Hi Everyone! I took a short break today to do a few errands and have my nails done.......I ran into a great friend in Longs. I shared with her our latest news on Curt and we shared together.........when I don't think I can handle anything more...God shows up and seems to give me a little extra strength!! WOW... he must think we are one tough cookie!!!!! We are being stretched beyond our imagination. Curt had another seizure yesterday morning....Brittany and Curt's sister Laura were in the kitchen talking with him while I was upstairs showering. Laura came up the stairs and asked me to come down right away.... I walked into the kitchen at the end of his seizure and sat him down at our dining room table. I held him and began praying for God's protection over him. I called his hospice nurse and she gave me instructions and the meds to give him. It was a small seizure and they told me he could have several more from here on out. The remaining of the day he slept and was pretty mellow. He continues to fight us on taking his meds and I'm becoming Very creative to get them down!! His words are now few and most of the time they are not the words he is searching for or wants to communicate. Brett and Tammy flew in for the weekend and we're All here trying to make the most of the time we have with him. Our days are becoming harder and harder and sleep is minimal...we pray that God continues to fill our cups with whatever He feels we need for the day. Please continue to pray for strength and perseverance so we can Make The Day Count! We love you all, Shari

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shari,

Please give Curt a big hug for me.

Art

Winona said...

Shari,

I am Devin McDaniel's "Grandma Win" ...please know I am praying for Curt. He has been on the Las Flores Church Email prayer chain that I send to 70 families since Cyndee first told me about his 'trials.'

All over the states prayer warriors are praying for Curt, I rec'd this from my friend, June a minister in Phoenix this morning...
"I am still praying for Curt. I believe with God All things are possible ...if we just believe."

Please give him a big hug from Devin...he loves him so much,
God WILL Bless you,
In His Name,
Winona

Anonymous said...

Curt and friends -
Just checking in today to tell you my family continues to pray for you Curt. All things are possible and I pray for your healing.
I have so many fond memories from our time on the court, Ojai, lessons, Big Bear (Laura on the same ladder ;-)
We are all so blessed.
Whenever emotions get the best of me I try to remember that it's not about when we leave this world, but what we leave behind. You've done a great job my friend and you can feel proud.
Thanks for all the memories - let's make some more.
Love from the Swope's
Granville

Anonymous said...

Shari & Family......EVERYDAY....we are all with you in our hearts and with our prayers. Missing seeing Curt at the courts.....hugs to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari, kids... and Curt. I am the guy who followed Curt and the LB State tennis team around as a 49er sports writer back in the day. My family and I just wanted to send our best thoughts and prayers for Curt and all of you. Please tell Curt that out of all the tennis coaches Maddy has experienced, nobody compares to Curt. His warmth, enthusiasm and sincerity go unmatched!
Shari, we admire your courage and strength, God is obviously right by your side, it is evident in your writing.
May God wrap his arms around each of you.
Our best,
Conrad, Sherry and Maddy

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari and Curt,

Just a quick note to let you know I am thinking about you and praying for you and your family.
God Bless You all,
Andy V

Anonymous said...

Sending you all hugs of love and peace.
Donti

Anonymous said...

We pray for strength to Shari and family, comfort to Curt, and a peaceful end to his suffering. "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. In returning and rest you shall be saved; In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." ...."Be worried for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."