Thursday, February 28, 2008
Curt is still holding on............
Hi Family and Friends!! Another amazing day! Curt continues to fight the fight.....every breath is a gift. His body is tired, his muscles are falling away from his bones and his breath is shallow. Lord, call my husband home tonight, he's ready......he's finishing well. As we sit here in his room and listen to him breathing....the window open, we hear, cars driving by, birds chirping, children playing.....and yet, if they only knew what was going on in our home. Life is a gift! Curt is still holding on and Making the Day Count....with us! My parents are here with Brittany and I and what a gift from God to have their help. Mom massages Curt's feet and talks to him as her own son. My dad continues to walk in and talk with him and let him know all will be OK with his girls and son. My parents are real servants. The Lord has blessed us with an incredible family to surround us with their love and support in a time so precious as this. We are not accepting anymore visitors now....it is a time for Brittany and I to have our time with Curt alone. Our home is filled with peace and love and quietness, that is how Curt would want it to be. We love your emails, cards, notes at the door. Thank you so much!!! God bless you All, Shari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
Shari,Thank you for taking the time to let all of us know the latest. You are all such an amazing family and your strength is unbelievable. You guys are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless, Linda
I love you condon family. I thank God for who you are.
Matt
Hi Curt, Shari, Brittany and Brett,
Love to you all. We are praying for Jesus to come and take Curt home. We will miss him but hold on to knowing we will all be together for all eternity.
Call anytime for anything.
Love you,
Dee
You are all in my thoughts and prayers! Please squeeze Curt's hand and tell him thanks for being a part of my life. Love you all!
Erik
You are so strong and positive through all of this, such an example to us all. Curt, Shari, Brittany and Brett....I love you all so much and you will always be on my mind and in my prayers...
mandy
Shari, I have read every one of your blogs and every one of them has brought tears to my eyes. It seems your entire family has been "finishing well." Finishing with courage, love, faith, and dignity. Curt would be/is proud. Love to you all. GB
Shari,
Gretchen and I continue to pray for Curt, you and your family. Your blogs are so touching and show us all an example of courage and faith that one seldom ever sees in life. You are all an inspiration to those with faith, as well as those searching for spiritual truth.
Dick
Shari,
First my life was touched by Curt, then profoundly by you. I know that all of the words that both of you have shared throughout these last couple of years have been directly from the Lord. What a blessing you both have been in my life. My prayers are with you all and will continue to be. Love to all of you, extended family too. Please squeeze Curt's hand for me and a big hug to you.
Cindy
Curt, Shari, Brittany, & Brett,
We love you. Thank you for letting us be a part of your incredible family. Your strength and positiveness will always be a witness to us. Our prayers are with you. God bless your family. We love you Curt!
Love,
Dave, Megan, & Emery
God bless and keep you all.
Mike & Sue
Curt,Shari,Brittany & Brett
God bless you all!
Thank you for sharing this journey with all of us. As your friend Dick said "You are all an inspiration to those with faith, as well as those searching for spiritual truth." I can truly say that ya'll have inspired me and I thank you for that.
Please tell Curt thank you for bringing the family together for the Cousin Rally in November. That was such a special time that all of us will cherish forever.
Love to all of you! You are in my thoughts & prayers nonstop.
Suzanne Condon Miller
(Uncle Tom's daughter)
Dear Condon Family,
You are so right!!! Curt has finished well. I am so thankful that you are all so close to God - this situation would have been impossible without faith. My prayers are for your strength during this very difficult time.
Love,
A Condon Family Fan,
Connie Kramer
Shari,
You may have remembered me from tennis past. I'm Erick Baer. Don Daniels led me to your blog. Please give Curt my blessings and fondest memories. Let him know that he touched many people and will be remembered. I was very moved by all the comments and know his spirit will live on with you and your wonderful family. God bless all of you. Thanks for having the courage to share his life with us.
I can feel everything you are going through......all of you, including Curt, have made the journey of birth, life, living and dying such a sprirtual experience, that for those like me have found overwhelming and humbling....what a family you are !! Please.... God...give this family your love & honor them for their commitment to you, they deserve it.....Love to all the Condon Family.
Dear Curt and all the Condon family,
I can't help but reflect back on the words Curt spoke to me almost a year ago to the day.
I had the opportunity to chat with him and we spoke of his battle with the brain cancer and the journey he would lead.
He didn't know how things would turn out. He was hopeful but more than putting his outcome on hope, he placed it in his faith and he told me that whatever the outcome, he knew good would happen.
Brett and Brittany, I have been where you are. It is so difficult to feel so helpless but so good to know that Curt will be at peace and with God very soon. He has showed you how to live and to enjoy every moment, and through his actions he has inspired and influenced so many. he has strenthened my faith and I know he has had the same effect on many others. What a great father you have.
Shari, you have also touched and inspired so many with your great service and caring. Your updates have brought me to tears of both sorrow and joy both because of the difficulty of your situation but more from the love your family shows for eachother and God. It really is amazing.
Curt, I thank you once again for the inspiration you have been to me. My life has become better because I have known you. I pray for you and your family daily and think of you more often than that. You have finished well.
God Bless You and Your Family,
Andy
Your family is an inspiration, just as Curt always was. This has given me a new appreciation not just for my life, but also for the One who gave it to me. Thank you so much, our prayers and love are with you.
-Sabrina Harding-
Shari our thought and prayers are with you every day. Curt is such an inspiration and you should be so proud of him. Stay strong. With all our love.
Cam
Hi Shari,
It's Dawn Van Siclen. I just wanted to send you an e-mail... I had a lot to say and I sent it to Curt's yahoo address. Please, if you get a moment, read it.
Our thoughts are with you.
Take care,
Dawn
Isaiah 41:10
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand".
Love to all of you Curt, Sheri, Brittany, Brett, Paul, Hazel, Laura, Christine, Sheri's parents & the rest of the family.
Love, your family in AZ
Curt,
You are finishing strong...
although my heart is broken, I am excited that God will soon place his hand on your shoulder and say "well done"...your an example to me. I will always think of you as my "second dad"....
Brittany thanks for sharing him with me and making my life richer! Your are more than a friend, your my sister and I am praying for you! Mama Shari I love you too!
Shari,
I pray the prayer you are praying comes soon. You have all fought with grace and dignity. I loved Curt from the first time he taught my son tennis and quoted scripture on the court. He has been a powerful influence on us both, and now Shari, so have you. Your courage and faith has strengthened me and made me feel better in your time of need. Thank you so much, I pray for peace in your home. Well done Curt.
We love you, Cyndee and Devin
Post a Comment